Power-G /Champion Generators

briggs

Threads
we have some good points here ........I don't like Honda cars to small not a ford man had two never again ...GM or dodge ..My dad has a Briggs its a monster i got pics on my phone i will upload the photos when i get then on the comp ...I like my cheap ones for the track ..My Honda i didn't pay much for i did some work for a guy and he gave to me i tuned it up and its been 6 years and he had for 6 so its 12 now ..I like it for the house and its not very loud i like that too

Terry CleanFuel

Threads
I wouldn't use Consumer Reports to wipe my butt. Seriously I don't trust them at all. They have just as many biases as the next guy and try to sell magazines and promote their name to further their business just like any other company. Like any news organization they prey on fear, uncertainty and doubt and then say "We have the answers".

Not to mention they were fought a few years ago giving free passes to Honda and Toyota cars just because they were Honda and Toyota. Not a company I'd trust.

Guess I'll stay the minority - Honda is vastly overrated in all they do.

I'll put my well maintained Briggs vs a Honda any day. Briggs has been engines far longer than Honda.
I'll put my well maintained Ford vs a Honda car any day. Statistically they are the same - Honda "quality" is not top of the heap.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I've had excellent luck trusting CR and I won't make a purchase without consulting them.

You make mention of "well-maintained" vs. Honda. I assume the Honda you cite as being less than "well-maintained". You could make that argument about anything, no?

I'm old enough to remember when "made in Japan" was a BAD thing...

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only thing I can compare Honda with is motorcycles. My Honda motorcycle never really gave me much mechanical problems but it had a lot of plastic body parts which would become brittle when it was older and would crack and break. My Harley Davidson has no plastic body parts but likes to leak oil.

itguy08

Threads
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I've had excellent luck trusting CR and I won't make a purchase without consulting them.

You make mention of "well-maintained" vs. Honda. I assume the Honda you cite as being less than "well-maintained". You could make that argument about anything, no?

I'm old enough to remember when "made in Japan" was a BAD thing...

Yeah, variety is the spice of life! :)

Just never really agreed with CR's ratings or even testing. Bought some things that were supposed to be "poor" from CR and had great service as well as the opposite. I also thing their "car ratings" are bunk. They got caught in 2010 or so giving Honda and Toyota a "free pass" for cars because they were Honda and Toyota. They completely ignored Honda's automatic debacle in 2002-2010, Toyota's sledging engines, etc. but would kill Ford or GM for lesser offenses. They may have no bias because of advertisers but they whore out their name to any news organization that they want. They want to make $$ just like anyone else.

And of course it would be a well maintained Honda vs a well maintained Briggs. I think if you bought new, maintained them the same, and ran them the same hours there would be minima differences.

briggs

Threads
here is dads briggs love it works great

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 13