Oil coming out fuel pump

Olrecker

Threads
Got a pic of the fuel pump ? One side should receive the pulse from case pressure differential and the other side should only have gas in the chamber . Maybe the diaphragm is leaking side to side ?
The ports are labeled clearly and hasnt changed. A bit defeated as the head needed sanding and same result. Thinking I need to do a leak down test like others have mentioned. I will need to figure the setup I need and get it. Its unfortunate because the tractor itself is in really nice condition. It runs strong and wouldn’t think anythings wrong if it didn’t bleed oil out the pump

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You must clean all the old head gasket material prior to lapping.

Lap block and head where head gasket sits.

Spray hi-tack sealant on the gasket.

Chase head bolts and threads with tap and die. Blow out with shop air.

Clean bolts and threads with brake cleaner. Threads must be clean and dry. Any old oil on the bolt threads will stray the proper bolt torque. Head bolts should be torqued dry.

Do a leak down as suggested. Could be dead rings or head gasket again.

grumpyunk

Threads
If you had the fuel pump out of normal positioning, it could have gotten crankcase oil behind the diaphragm. Then it would take time for it to get pushed out. If there was enough oil behind the diaphragm, it could make the pump inoperative or cut its performance. There has to be a path from the crankcase to the diaphragm for the pulses to make the pump function.
I think I would give it some time to quit... if it is otherwise working ok.
No mention of blowing through the vent into the intake? If that is so, I think you are done and it will work fine if you let the pump get rid of its oil load.
tom