Not warranty

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ray, I’ll bet Liberals are anyone who doesn’t agree with you. Again you are stereotyping.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Every one of the immigrants walking across the border today thinks someone owes them a living as well
Never heard so much tosh in my entire life
In my days in the metals industry I had a complete shift of illegals thats 240 men
Almost the entire yard and that was just over 1000 men were illegals about 1/2 were from Cyprus and the rest were a mix of Arabs from various regions in the Middle East .
They were to a man the finest bunch of men I have ever worked with.
None of them ever took a sick day they all arrived on time , never left their post till relieved by the following shift worked hard, did what was asked of them and produced a high quality product.
None os them had ever broken any law apart from either overstaying their visas or getting smuggled into Australia.
They paid 62% in income tax , sent their kids to a non government funded religious school and never went to a public hospital or claimed any benefit because of fear of being found & deported .
Their kids were polite & respectful and a delight to be with .
In short they were all model citizens

Now at the smelter , where every one was a documented Australia citizen by & large there were 2 groups .
Group one were the legal migrants who who again could be called model citizens & workers, they just wanted to get on with life, buy a house & raise their kids in peace.
Because of this they always went along with the others.
The others were 2nd , 3rd or 4th generation Aussies.
They were lazy, rarely ever had a full shift of them made sure they all took every paid sick day every year and found every loophole to slow down production .
They would argue & if asked to do anything that was not written into their contract refuse to do it and on top of that about 1/2 of that group was highly racist and would bash the homeless black fellas on their way to the railway station , which was how I managed to rid the plant of quite a few of them as I lived in a black fella area & got on well with them.

Your comments to me sound like the absolute tosh that spews from the mouths of menstural clots with a microphone masquerading as a human beings who have never even talked with an illegal immigrant let alone worked with one but fill the airwaves with racist steriotypes that only exist in their perverted demented minds .

I have worked with just about every nationality on the planet and by & larger the hardest working best behaves have always been the illegals, after that come the legal imigrants and a long way bag in last place were the locals and it is always the locals who have the sense of entitlement as they have lived all their life in a community that has social security where as most migrants have come from some where that has no social security were yet to learn how to rort the system .

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bert, you nailed it with your reply. At the end of the Vietnam war we had hundreds of Houng families settle in our area. 75% of the area residents hated and disrespected them. The other 25% were business owners and farmers. What they found was a group of immigrants who were the hardest workers they could hire. In schools we found that their children were hardworking, respectful, and a joy to have in class. The parents respected the teachers and were willing to help with the PTA, but were shunned because of their ethnicity.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yep,
There is a big difference in perception between those have had first hand contact and those who just imaging things.

The problem migrants are usually the kids of legal migrants who get shunned by their new community so grow up being social outcast thus develop a contempt.

Having said that there is no reason why any group of people should have fewer bad eggs than any other group of people so I should expect the same percentage of stirrers & trouble makes in immigrants as in locals but with illegals never seen any evidence of bad actors, weather that is because they all live in deportation fear or the rest of the community covers for the troubled ones to protect the entire group.
And yes the battery factory was close to one of our immigration detention centres where Vietetnamese reffugees were processed.
The entire floor staff were from Vietnam , most were originally farmers or merchants but all of them settled into mind numbing assembly line work on a rotating 24/7 shift very quickly , worked hard , never complained , never took sickies & produced the best batteries the plant ever made .
Wonderful people I had many meals with them and could not find a single fault other than the treatment of the women which wile culturally acceptable to them was sexist by Australian standards but that generally dissapates over future generations.
The Greeks & Italians were some what the same when they first came to Australia en-mass .

Ignorance breeds fear and allows morons to peddle their own racist elitist idology unchallenged .
Ask the farmer who employ those undocumented border crossers , risking massive fines & even gaol why they do it .
And of course, the illegals never ever stole anything from any place they worked.
Australians at the GMH factory were regularly caught using fork lifts to toss complete engines over the fence let alone all of the small parts that went off site in lunch boxes & pockets.
I ride with a bloke who has his fathers bike & sidecar
The sidecar was made at the government railway workshop then on a rainy night his dad asked the watchman if he could move his bike in under cover
The following morning he did a 1/2 shift overtime then rode out with the side car bolted to his bike .
Apparently this was not uncommon.

RayMcD

Threads
Never heard so much tosh in my entire life
In my days in the metals industry I had a complete shift of illegals thats 240 men
Almost the entire yard and that was just over 1000 men were illegals about 1/2 were from Cyprus and the rest were a mix of Arabs from various regions in the Middle East .
They were to a man the finest bunch of men I have ever worked with.
None of them ever took a sick day they all arrived on time , never left their post till relieved by the following shift worked hard, did what was asked of them and produced a high quality product.
None os them had ever broken any law apart from either overstaying their visas or getting smuggled into Australia.
They paid 62% in income tax , sent their kids to a non government funded religious school and never went to a public hospital or claimed any benefit because of fear of being found & deported .
Their kids were polite & respectful and a delight to be with .
In short they were all model citizens

Now at the smelter , where every one was a documented Australia citizen by & large there were 2 groups .
Group one were the legal migrants who who again could be called model citizens & workers, they just wanted to get on with life, buy a house & raise their kids in peace.
Because of this they always went along with the others.
The others were 2nd , 3rd or 4th generation Aussies.
They were lazy, rarely ever had a full shift of them made sure they all took every paid sick day every year and found every loophole to slow down production .
They would argue & if asked to do anything that was not written into their contract refuse to do it and on top of that about 1/2 of that group was highly racist and would bash the homeless black fellas on their way to the railway station , which was how I managed to rid the plant of quite a few of them as I lived in a black fella area & got on well with them.

Your comments to me sound like the absolute tosh that spews from the mouths of menstural clots with a microphone masquerading as a human beings who have never even talked with an illegal immigrant let alone worked with one but fill the airwaves with racist steriotypes that only exist in their perverted demented minds .

I have worked with just about every nationality on the planet and by & larger the hardest working best behaves have always been the illegals, after that come the legal imigrants and a long way bag in last place were the locals and it is always the locals who have the sense of entitlement as they have lived all their life in a community that has social security where as most migrants have come from some where that has no social security were yet to learn how to rort the system .
Bert, I agree exactly with what you have said, my Americans have no idea how good they have it, but if the government doesn't slow this crap down there is not going to be an America. My only rub is if they are going to play they need to pay. Give'em all a green card and let them get on a payroll like the rest of us. Stop handing out money to those that have not hit a lick for it. Stop telling those of use that have worked 40+ year that SS is going to dry up. And most of all stop turning a blind eye to those employing folk under the table and skipping the tax man. You can't have more going out than coming in, sooner or latter the ship turn over and sinks......

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well Ray that is a problem of your highly flawed and totally corrupted governace system .
Your government has never been accountable to the actual population from day one.
It was constituted to placate the Southern states in order to prevent a second civil war which up until recent times it has managed to do quite successfully although if Murdoch & ex-President Trump have their way, it could very well happen in the near future .
The real problem is the abject poverty and reprehensable governments south of the Mexican border and to a large extent US foreign policy and in particular the actions of the CIA are largely responsible for.
The idea that making sure all of South America was a train wreck to prevent any chance of them raising against the USA or the vast amounts of US companies that rape & pillage would only make sense to a heartless politician . Let alone propping up repulsive governments that the population hate in order to prevent Soviet infulence happening .

Our financial balance is not much better than yours but we are lucky to have a small population & a lot of mining royalties that look like continue well into the 3000's thanks to Li, Ni & Co & even Ur .

It is almost a universal conservative mandate that the poor should be taxed heavily while the wealthy should pay no tax
And most seem to think that they have the rights to pilfer from the government on a grandiose scale .
You have to remember that most western governments are by the rich for the rich with the sole exception of Switzerland .

I am yet to find a refugee that would not rather have stayed in their homeland and despite many agree that they are substantially better off in OZ most admit that they would happily go back to where they came from if it was safe for them to do so .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I believe if those countries where most of immigrants are leaving had better living conditions they would be happy to stay put. The problem is the gangs are better armed than the government forces.

With our politics here in the US, the problem is all the brain dead people that rather believe lies as to why they are the situation they are in. Yes I could be blaming things on others instead trying fix my own problems. I am considered poor financially but I am happy as I work to help others as I help myself. Lately it has frustrating but it is neither my customers or my fault as suppliers are the problem currently.

And it appear we having a war between the haves and the have nots with politicians using this to their advantage of enriching themselves. As something heard over the years. How you tell when a politician is lying? You see their lips moving.