Not warranty

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I work at an Ace Hardware. We sell Stihl, Dixie Chopper, and Big Dog. Customer bought a Stihl chain saw. Comes back in and told the owner some one stole his saw. Owner said he was sorry. Customer said it is still under warranty. Owner told him there was no warranty for theft. Guy say oh and turns and walks off. Could you imagine someone thinking there is a theft warranty on any kind of equipment.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
yes, I can imagine that in today's world. A father says to his 10 kids, I have $1000 to share with each of you @ $100 each. He passes the money out. Last kid gets $40. Dad says oops, I forgot I used $60 to take care of some golf club problems, I'd go insane if I could not play golf to get away from you kids. Last son says, "Dad, that's not fair. I only got $40." Dad says, just take it from your siblings wallets. They'll never know." That is how the 1% feels about us. The guy just wanted his fair share when the item was stolen.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well maybe next he will keep a better eye on it and store it under lock and key.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Anyone who has been in this business for over 5 years has more than one story like this. People today think everyone around them are not as smart as they are.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Anyone who has been in this business for over 5 years has more than one story like this. People today think everyone around them are not as smart as they are.
Very true. People would be surprised with what dealers receive from customers that they absolutely think should be covered under warranty. And then will hold it against the dealer for something that the equipment manufacturer said no. Even to the point that it is the dealers fault for not warranting a part that the warranty page in the owners manual says is not covered.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
one of the social liberals on another forum I go to brags that he returns his used oil and antifreeze for a full refund.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
one of the social liberals on another forum I go to brags that he returns his used oil and antifreeze for a full refund.
He might until he gets and jailed for thief.

Very true. People would be surprised with what dealers receive from customers that they absolutely think should be covered under warranty. And then will hold it against the dealer for something that the equipment manufacturer said no. Even to the point that it is the dealers fault for not warranting a part that the warranty page in the owners manual says is not covered.
I not because I had several customers with multiple machines of the same model try to get repairs done until my repair warranty. I usually catches them as I keep very good records including serial number and last repair date. I even keep a record what was done. I just had one with an FS94 try it. The machine that came in has never been in my shop per the serial number. Luckily all it needed was a new air filter but still he getting a bill for repair work.

I only knew of two of the FS94s but now have a third one on my system.

RayMcD

Threads
Every one of the immigrants walking across the border today thinks someone owes them a living as well

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Every one of the immigrants walking across the border today thinks someone owes them a living as well
Stereotyping.

Not every single immigrants thinks this, some are very hard workers.

And we here have regular citizens that thinks everyone owes them a living as well. I know some of them personally and they are nothing but deadbeats.

RayMcD

Threads
Stereotyping.

Not every single immigrants thinks this, some are very hard workers.

And we here have regular citizens that thinks everyone owes them a living as well. I know some of them personally and they are nothing but deadbeats.
Couldn't agree more, We called them Lifers' in the military, Lazy Ignorant F's Expecting Retirement, the civilian version of them is LIBERALS, Cheers, Ray