No Spark on Kohler V-Twin CV624S after installing (2) NEW Ignition Coil Modules

Blaiser

Threads
  • / No Spark on Kohler V-Twin CV624S after installing (2) NEW Ignition Coil Modules
I have a Craftsman LT2000 Lawn tractor that has a Kohler V-Twin CV624S Engine installed on it. I recently just replaced the (2) Ignition Coils Module with BRAND NEW OEM Kohler Part #24 584 36-S. Now I can not get any spark out of one of the modules. I've already replaced the wiring harness with NEW OEM Harness also. Any help would be appreciated on what I can check next??

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / No Spark on Kohler V-Twin CV624S after installing (2) NEW Ignition Coil Modules
I have a Craftsman LT2000 Lawn tractor that has a Kohler V-Twin CV624S Engine installed on it. I recently just replaced the (2) Ignition Coils Module with BRAND NEW OEM Kohler Part #24 584 36-S. Now I can not get any spark out of one of the modules. I've already replaced the wiring harness with NEW OEM Harness also. Any help would be appreciated on what I can check next??

Have you turn the one that is working on the cylinder that isn't...? if it works then replace the module, I have known new one's not to work.

Blaiser

Threads

Tried to switch the modules but the SAME 1 side still has NO SPARK. UNPLUGGED the HARNESS from the Tractor and still NO SPARK. I only replaced them because they were rusted and lost spark on the one. I also replaced the Motor Wiring Harness with an OEM Kohler Harness for this engine. What could be grounded or not making up? Harness unplugged on the tractor it should fire???

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
"Harness unplugged on the tractor it should fire??? " Then its to do with the kill wire for that module, will it spark if you take the kill wire off the module..? check the wire on the bad coil with a meter to see if you have Continuity going to ground, which will kill the coil..!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your model number is not correct on your engine. We also need the spec number to see which ignition system that you have.

Blaiser

Threads
Your model number is not correct on your engine. We also need the spec number to see which ignition system that you have.

The NEW Motor is a Kohler Pro V-TWIN 20HP -
Family: 1KHXS.6242GC
Display: (cc) 624

CV624 S
SPEC: 65578
SERIAL NUMBER: 3106806451

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you installed this engine on a tractor that had a different engine, and your old tractor sent 12volts to the coils, it likely
destroyed them, and hooking up the new coils to that same system also would damage the new ones. When swapping motors, you have to know what every wire does, etc..

If you were to bolt on two new coils, and leave the kill wires unplugged, you would have spark when you crank your engine.

but before doing that, just check your kill wires for voltage.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
The NEW Motor is a Kohler Pro V-TWIN 20HP -
Family: 1KHXS.6242GC
Display: (cc) 624

CV624 S
SPEC: 65578
SERIAL NUMBER: 3106806451

Does the engine have the ECU System..? if so check battery + at 87 (key on) on the relay to both coils and pins 22 and 23 on connector J1 for ground. I take it you do have a wiring diagram for that engine.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
No, that is why I requested the model numbers, it does not have the Spark Advance Module, so the only wire to the coils are the kill wires.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
So maybe we are getting somewhere.....is this the type of coil that you fitted..?

Attachments

• coil.bmp
    351.5 KB · Views: 34