No Spark on Kohler V-Twin CV624S after installing (2) NEW Ignition Coil Modules

Blaiser

Threads
  • / No Spark on Kohler V-Twin CV624S after installing (2) NEW Ignition Coil Modules
Were did you see or read that there was only one wire on the old system....?

The old coils were identical to the new ones as far as the plug connectors are concerned. I even tried an old(good) one with a new one only one coil had spark regardless of what I tried.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / No Spark on Kohler V-Twin CV624S after installing (2) NEW Ignition Coil Modules
The old coils were identical to the new ones as far as the plug connectors are concerned. I even tried an old(good) one with a new one only one coil had spark regardless of what I tried.

Have you taken off the small wire yet..?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have a look at this, is the wiring anything like it..?

Attachments

• wiring.bmp
    2.6 MB · Views: 13

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is the schematic of either.

Attachments

• DSCN2688.jpg
    DSCN2688.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN2689.jpg
    DSCN2689.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 15

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Where is the Smart Spark Module here? Same lookup as what I put up. Also the sears site shows that he has the wrong coils as well!

So are we saying that this engine is fitted with Capacitive Discharge with Electronic Spark
Advance (SMART-SPARK)..?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Both of our parts lookups do not show a Smart Spark/S.A.M. module, what makes you think that his engine does???

Is it possible that he is putting up an incorrect model/spec number?????? Well yes.........

Is it possible that both of the Kohler parts lookups we put up are incorrect??????? WWWWEELLLLLLL yes.

This poster might have a hideous "Frankenmower" that he has not told us the full story about.... YES!!!

To the O.P., why did you replace the harness as you said you did in the first post.

Can you tell us the full story, and give us a clue as why your model/spec numbers are notjivving with your thread?

Can you put up pics of what you have, and what you had?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
So are we saying that this engine is fitted with Capacitive Discharge with Electronic Spark
Advance (SMART-SPARK)..?

According to his spec number, he has no "SmartSpark" at all.

According to his last few posts, who can tell?

But I can tell anyone here that you cannot interchange just part of these parts, it has to be one system or the other.

To the O.P., what is the model number of your tractor, off of the tag under/behind the seat????????