No Spark on Kohler V-Twin CV624S after installing (2) NEW Ignition Coil Modules

Blaiser

Threads
  • / No Spark on Kohler V-Twin CV624S after installing (2) NEW Ignition Coil Modules
According to his spec number, he has no "SmartSpark" at all.

According to his last few posts, who can tell?

But I can tell anyone here that you cannot interchange just part of these parts, it has to be one system or the other.

To the O.P., what is the model number of your tractor, off of the tag under/behind the seat????????

The Original Tractor came with a 17 HP Kohler Single Cylinder Engine - Sears LT2000 Model #917.273140 - the original engine blew so it was replaced with a 20 HP Kohler V-Twin Engine by original owner. The NEW Engine was put on the tractor it is a KOHLER V-TWIN 20 HP - Model # CV624S - Spec # 65578.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / No Spark on Kohler V-Twin CV624S after installing (2) NEW Ignition Coil Modules
It is a shame that we have wasted this much time, and gotten so worked up, my apologies.......

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Original Tractor came with a 17 HP Kohler Single Cylinder Engine - Sears LT2000 Model #917.273140 - the original engine blew so it was replaced with a 20 HP Kohler V-Twin Engine by original owner. The NEW Engine was put on the tractor it is a KOHLER V-TWIN 20 HP - Model # CV624S - Spec # 65578.

So you just bought 2 of the 17h.p. coils? and thought that is all you needed to do?? You trying to morph the old harness onto
your new engine is pretty much certain to fail, unless you know what the wires go to and what they do, and burning up good ignitions is one of them.

I am going to sign off of this one, as I am done.