No spark from coils to spark plugs

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have a Deere. My customers do. I tell them to not pull from the center but do it from both sides. Lots of machines roll in with duck tape on the seat and hood.

D

Deleted member 97405

That is cheap compared to $600+ it was a SST16 hood. It failed due UV damage. Plastic was just rotten. The areas I bonded five years ago were still intact just all new breaks and the customer didn't have the pieces for me to work with.

Even $120 is jolt to some owners.

And yes you have to baby these JD hoods.
UV damage is a real killer. I'm just amazed there is a Spin Steer out there still running! Those transmissions and steering diaphragms were a different animal all their own!

Laabk2

Threads
Yeah. I get folks with a green machines all the time wanting to know if i can repair seats and hoods. I thought about getting one of the hot staple tools and work on hoods but the time involved and then guarantee the fix made it a no go.
I live on a farm and even the 64 series Tractors have all Plastic hoods. You think mower/compact tractors get beat around, you can imagine the abuse a tractor gets. Field work can be a bit rough too.

taterpicker

Forum Newbie
Threads
UV damage is a real killer. I'm just amazed there is a Spin Steer out there still running! Those transmissions and steering diaphragms were a different animal all their own!
I have 2 SST 18s. Still running and in excellent operating condition. One has a power flow bagger. I would like to find another good used or new blower for it.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
That is cheap compared to $600+ it was a SST16 hood. It failed due UV damage. Plastic was just rotten. The areas I bonded five years ago were still intact just all new breaks and the customer didn't have the pieces for me to work with.

Even $120 is jolt to some owners.

And yes you have to baby these JD hoods.
Those hoods are the Dodge Ram 2nd generation dashes of lawn mowers:ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 97405

Had a customer joke that the overpriced JD maintenance kits should come with a hood.
There should at least be gold flakes in them to melt down and sell to recover some money! But, in all seriousness, price the maintenance parts individually through Deere, and you will find most kits are closely priced with a few exceptions. I work at a dealership and have done the research :)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't know how JD operates in the USA but down here they keep a massive inventory of other manufacturers parts.
So during the past 3 years when B & S parts are unobtainable all I had to do was find he J D part number for the B & S parts and put an order in .
And funny enough , quite a few times the parts from J D were cheaper than the same part ( if & when B & S Australia bother to get some ) from B & S .

D

Deleted member 97405

Don't know how JD operates in the USA but down here they keep a massive inventory of other manufacturers parts.
So during the past 3 years when B & S parts are unobtainable all I had to do was find he J D part number for the B & S parts and put an order in .
And funny enough , quite a few times the parts from J D were cheaper than the same part ( if & when B & S Australia bother to get some ) from B & S .
Some dealers do have access to B&S, Kawasaki, Kohler, etc OEM parts, but the dealer I work for doesn't do that for some reason. The previous dealer I worked for did deal with engine OEM's, and you are correct, you really have to price shop both ways.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Some dealers do have access to B&S, Kawasaki, Kohler, etc OEM parts, but the dealer I work for doesn't do that for some reason. The previous dealer I worked for did deal with engine OEM's, and you are correct, you really have to price shop both ways.
Correct. That why I shop around on the parts needed. Every region is different too. It really depends who is servicing the area well. Here my local JD dealer tries to eat me alive on pricing at times which is why I use an out of state dealer that gives me a 10% discount.