No spark from coils to spark plugs

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not a dealer thing as the local dealers usually have to order the parts from JD's main warehouse in Melbourne
The one warehouse is used for all the green & yellow stuff but the mower section is sort of in a tiny corner of the yard.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
There should at least be gold flakes in them to melt down and sell to recover some money! But, in all seriousness, price the maintenance parts individually through Deere, and you will find most kits are closely priced with a few exceptions. I work at a dealership and have done the research :)
You are correct the pieces individually are about the same as the kits but the issue is the JD markup vs what i can get the same part for. An example is the M152049 air filter for $47.63 from JD dealer or the exact same Kawasaki air filter i can source for $22.74. Or $9.15 for JD AM107423 oil filter vs $5.33 for the exact same filter. The 2 local JD dealers are never hurting for service business and i have no issue with the dealers and those customers. In my shop i source the same parts or same quality parts for a lower price. I know a JD dealership has a huge amount of overhead as compared to my little one man shop and the $100/hr labor rate and parts markup is justified. I just provide a different avenue of service. I work on a lot of stuff the dealers don't want to. I do find it funny when people buy a JD kit and bring it with the mower and think they are saving money.

D

Deleted member 97405

You are correct the pieces individually are about the same as the kits but the issue is the JD markup vs what i can get the same part for. An example is the M152049 air filter for $47.63 from JD dealer or the exact same Kawasaki air filter i can source for $22.74. Or $9.15 for JD AM107423 oil filter vs $5.33 for the exact same filter. The 2 local JD dealers are never hurting for service business and i have no issue with the dealers and those customers. In my shop i source the same parts or same quality parts for a lower price. I know a JD dealership has a huge amount of overhead as compared to my little one man shop and the $100/hr labor rate and parts markup is justified. I just provide a different avenue of service. I work on a lot of stuff the dealers don't want to. I do find it funny when people buy a JD kit and bring it with the mower and think they are saving money.
You have to be careful with some of those Kawasaki air filters. There are two different styles that look the same. The difference is in the density depending on whether you have an internally or externally vented carburetor on some models. I've put the wrong one on by accident before. Why Kawasaki didn't just change the design a bit, I don't know!