Nikki carbs

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes but I can charge them out at $ 5.00 along with the B & S part number so convince the customer I am better value than the glass fronts .
Just a shame I can't get away with a 300% mark up on expensive items .

CLStout

Threads
So this o-ring is a part specifically manufactured for B&S?

CLStout

Threads
Well, ain't that just peachy. Of all countries, huh?
Could that possibly be the country of origin for the carburetor, also?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well, ain't that just peachy. Of all countries, huh?
Could that possibly be the country of origin for the carburetor, also?
Just about all large public companies where the founders do not still have majority shareholdings are actually run by the major shareholders who are by & large hedge funds, money management funds , superannuation & pension funds , etc.
These organizations dictate to the board what returns they must get or they will vote the directors off the board.
Thus the management are forced to look at making the maximum possible profit every day, even if in the long term it will lead to the ruin of the company.
Thus nearly every part on an "American made" product will be made in the third world country.
GM built a new aluminium foundry in Mitichagan in 2016, that was the first foundry built on American soil since 1984.
China opens a new foundry every 6 weeks and India is averaging 4 a year .
When the financial leeches have sucked a business dry, they just move their funds elsewhere and destroy another business.
Remember the thieves working for the money companies get paid massive bonuses for every 0,01% the return they get beats the market index every quarter and they don't care how many companies they destroy or peoples lives they destroy, or how many people end up killing themselves they have no conscious just a relentless drive to accumulate more money.
this is exactly how the GFC happened

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have used a dozen or so of these with no problems. Usually all i need to fix a nikki 2 barrel.

From memory they come from DC spares in HK and are around $ 1.20 a hit so he is buying them by the box load , probably down to less than $1 a piece and flogging them for $ 6 . a piece on evilpay & probably amozone as well .
Exactly why the economy of the USA is in such a bad shape .
Note they are currently out of stock .

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not exactly sure which evilbayer i got them from. I still have about a half a dozen of them. Cheaper than the forty some dollar Briggs rebuild kits.

CLStout

Threads
Well, I checked the float bowl, and from what I can tell everything is there. I got the float bowl attached by putting the o-ring inside the emulsion tube. Went together much easier. However, I did find something missing. The OEM carb has a spring on the choke shaft between the lever and the carb body. The new one doesn't have a spring. And it's a very tight fit between the lever and the carb body. There is about 3/8" clearance on the original carb between the body and the choke lever. There's a foam rubber disc between the carb and the lever on the new carb, where the spring should be. Even without the foam disc, there isn't enough room to install a spring, at least not one similar to the one on the original carb. Any ideas?

Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Choke spring is only necessary when you have a single control wire that does both the choke & the throttle .
If it has individual control wires then the spring is not required .
That is why when ordering parts those code numbers from the engine & mower are important