New mower belt broke - ISX2200

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
we quit doing Briggs engine warranty because they jerk us around and won't pay. They send customers to us for warranty and we just tell them we don't do it because we get jerk around and they won't pay and we are not in the business to do free warranty work.

Gord Baker

Threads
You owe that Mechanic a case of beer and a night with ................

SamB

Threads
FWIW
Shredding is nearly always caused because the belt is running hard against some thing that is not moving.
Usually it is because the belt is on the wrong side of a belt keeper .
Less often it is because an idler has frozen.
On ZTR's it can happen because the belt was fitted between the pulley & the fan which is very easy to do ( done it a few times myself ) .
My issue in regards to a shredded belt was a frozen/bad bearing in a flat side idler pulley. But this was on a high hours mower,not one almost new. Wrong belt routing would be more likely here.

Goban

Forum Newbie
Threads
All fixed a few days after the engine stopped. The belt was defective and the engine had a wire cross the heads from factory which when it got hot melted and shorted the fuel injection circuit. All fixed and now about 30 hours later not a problem and it really gets the job done nicely.

Thanks to all for your input.

Mower King

Threads
All fixed a few days after the engine stopped. The belt was defective and the engine had a wire cross the heads from factory which when it got hot melted and shorted the fuel injection circuit. All fixed and now about 30 hours later not a problem and it really gets the job done nicely.

Thanks to all for your input.
I'm glad to hear you got that problem repaired.....Ferris (owned by B&S) is a great mower!
I just went to the B&S engine update school yesterday, they said they are scaling-up, including parts manufacturing, and moving forward!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you believe this or do you feel it was some BS to raise dealer confidence ?
I just went to the B&S engine update school yesterday, they said they are scaling-up, including parts manufacturing, and moving forward!

Mower King

Threads
Did you believe this or do you feel it was some BS to raise dealer confidence ?
Yeah....It sounded good but, last year was not a good year with B&S for us, so.....hopefully they are right about what they said, only time will tell....probably won't take long because we're getting close to kicking in our 2022 mowing season!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not optimustic
Right now I am trying to find a lift arm for a 2018 Victa VRX17542 ride on
Victa Australia is owned by B & S
Part is listed as NLA
These were a problem from day one & have a service life of 3 to 5 years before the left arm fatigues & falls off .
And the VRX17542 was replaced by the VRX19542 ( same mower bigger engine ) which uses the same RD18256A deck lift which is still listed as a current new model

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Nor am I. I had a carb kit on back order for over two months, Just to get an email saying it is now NLA. Glad I went an alternate way and pieced together a kit from individual parts so it the customer 's generator is repaired. I got parts on BO with Briggs right now that I don't have a whole lot of faith in getting. I think about just working on anything Briggs related.

I have heck with Gardener right now on getting back to where I can order parts. They are the only reason source for Hydro Gear, Tuff Torq, and General Transmission parts. I got a RS800F in the shop that I need a control kit and fiction pack as both are rusted up. Plus plastic control parts are heavily worn.

7 Months of fighting to get switch to ACH payments and they are just sitting on their tail feathers. It cost them half their sales to me last year and all this year's sales so far.

Mower King

Threads
We also had trouble getting B&S heads & engines last year. Because of this, my boss ordered 98 2022 Bad Boy mowers all with Kohler, Kawasaki and Honda engines.....not one single B&S.
Hopefully B&S gets this turned around as...we are still a B&S dealer and have to deal with them.

Then we are also a Ferris Dealer and some of the 2022 Ferris are arriving with B&S engines.
I did notice, we got 5 large boxes of misc parts from B&S yesterday!