New John Deere electric zero turn mower

• Thread starter Deleted member 97405
  • Start date

nc10

Threads
Battery powered, self driving cars are the scam.
Battery power cars are pricey, long trips are a concern, though less for Tesla owners. Maint/Quality of all the new ev's is a concern. Charging costs are a concern, but home charging can be really cheap (<< half of ICE) depending on your utility. EV's are definitely not a scam, though. Full self driving seems to be, but, unfortunately, scammy add-ons and claims are far from exclusive to EV's.

Its not clear to me that fire risks are higher for EV's vs ICE vehicles.

Mad_mat222

Threads
You can rag on Tesla but they are the fastest production car. They eat lambos and Ferraris. Pretty incredible when you think about how crappy makita cordless stuff was back in the day. And from a safety point of view, the Tesla is pretty safe.

And before ragging on a machine maybe try it first. I tried the Ego machine and I was quite impressed(I can lift it up it’s so light) Is it at the same level as my hustler raptor for commercial work? No. But for the home owner? I think so.

I try to use makita cordless garden tools where possible. I love my hedger(3years so far). I will never use a petrol powered hedger again.
I recently purchased the dux powerhead kit and pretty happy with it. It won’t replace my petrol string trimmer but I think the 40v dedicated trimmer might.

Point being there is plenty of battery powered stuff out there that is better than ICE equipment.

I’m sure there were people writing off the first T model ford and look we’re development is now.
Battery machines won’t be at commercial levels for some time I think though.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Definitely some tradeoffs vs long, well established combustion engines for mowers and equipment, certainly price, probably low temp operation, battery life and replacement cost vs engine life likely a concern for early models, but some advantages also. The need to reduce GHG emissions is almost certainly real, will be forced to evolve and implement solutions over the next decade or two. I'm pretty hopeful battery tech, power generation continues to improve and will be more than competitive.
yes we need to do some thing about GHG emissions
and the best thing by far is to put a guaranteed minimum 10 year life span on all computer durable goods .
Couple that with a full cash refund if the product does not last more than 10 years .
This will work, E-mowers will do nothing .
Putting a pollution tax on every one who generates atmospheric pollution and use that money for reforestation & electric very fast Train to replace those 200,000 jets that fly across the planet every day that dump over 100 gallons of unburned fuel directly into the air every time they take off , that will make a difference , E -mowers will not
Note aircraft pollution only counts the CO2 in the burned fuel & ignores the unburned fuel which is around 20 times stronger than CO2 .
These sorts of useless regulations are akin to trying to clean up a flood using a thimble .
a 100,000,000 thimbles will look like you are doing something but in reality does nothing.
Add to that Li batteries need to be used for a time span between 30 & 70 years before the CO2 generated in their production (ignores transportation ) is naturally abated .
A loose loose situation for every one apart from the miners & battery makers .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can rag on Tesla but they are the fastest production car. They eat lambos and Ferraris. Pretty incredible when you think about how crappy makita cordless stuff was back in the day. And from a safety point of view, the Tesla is pretty safe.

And before ragging on a machine maybe try it first. I tried the Ego machine and I was quite impressed(I can lift it up it’s so light) Is it at the same level as my hustler raptor for commercial work? No. But for the home owner? I think so.

I try to use makita cordless garden tools where possible. I love my hedger(3years so far). I will never use a petrol powered hedger again.
I recently purchased the dux powerhead kit and pretty happy with it. It won’t replace my petrol string trimmer but I think the 40v dedicated trimmer might.

Point being there is plenty of battery powered stuff out there that is better than ICE equipment.

I’m sure there were people writing off the first T model ford and look we’re development is now.
Battery machines won’t be at commercial levels for some time I think though.
There is nothing wrong with battery power.
It has a lot going for it, convienance being a big one .
But Li is the wrong technology for batteries , just the same as fast breeder reactors were the wrong type of atomic power stations .
Selling them as the answer to CO2 pollution when all the time they make CO2 pollution worse is decietful at the best and a con at the worst .
Musk is not an environmentialist in any way shape or form . He is in it for the money & the money alone .
He saw a marketing oppertunity and jumped in feet first .
Now the fact that he was willing to spend a lot in research is good & the very high effiency of the Tesla engines is astounding.
Tesla has pushed electric motors ahead decades which is good .
The cars will be seen as a disaster over time , as will be all of the Li powered cars .

As for making a fast car , not much use if there is nowhere you can drive them at those speeds apart from a race track

nc10

Threads
Selling them as the answer to CO2 pollution when all the time they make CO2 pollution worse is decietful at the best and a con at the worst .
Yeah, even the most optimistic benefits of battery (or hydrogen, etc) powered vehicles and equipment isn't enough on its own. Many other important sources of ghg emisisons to also address. Its certainly possible to screw up the battery supply chain and electrical grid development and not get the benefits. But the "cradle to grave" calculations say EV's can be and should be an effective route to greatly reducing the CO2 emissions from transportation.

mechanizm

Threads
If we're going to label battery mowers a scam, we better throw out every battery operated drill or tool we own and go back to all plug-in tools.
no, it's totally different. what do you think is going to happen to the price of electricity when every starts recharging their LARGE electric SUVs and lawn tractors? The infrastructure for going electric isn't there! furthermore, oil is NOT a fossil fuel, it's made by the Earth deep in the mantle and is almost as plentiful as water. lastly, there is no "global warming" emergency. All of Al Gore's fear mongering has been proven FALSE. Glacier National Park had a sign telling visitors that The Glacier would be melted by now. It's fine... The mining of lithium is an environmental disaster and how much pollution is caused by building new electric cars and lawn tractors from scratch? EV is a SCAM and everyone is falling for it just like "defunding the post office", "The Hole in the Ozone" and most recently, the Chinese balloon of death. give me a break. SHOOT YOUR TV BRAINWASH BOX!

mechanizm

Threads
Musk is not an environmentialist in any way shape or form . He is in it for the money & the money alone .
absolutely.... notice that all of the "greenies" are flying in private jets and have multiple mansions in several countries. The new rules will be for us and not them. like Schwab says: "you will own nothing and you will be happy". WAKE UP, PEOPLE!

mechanizm

Threads
BFD... Just like Tesla, these "green" mowers are being subsidized with tax dollars, otherwise they'd never make it to market. only a fool would buy one. I have three gasoline mowers including a Dixie Chopper that I got all for FREE. What the environmental Commies are trying to do is to get enough FOOLS to buy these electric P'sos, then they'll BAN our gas machines and raise the price of electricity. Remember the "defund the post office" scam? Now high shipping is destroying internet purchases and our country is over 30,000,000,000,000 in debt. Do you think the savings from defunding the post office went to paying down the debt? NO, scumbag politicians just blew it on endless wars and on their financial supporters. it's called MONEY LAUNDERING. Everything that your TV says is BS.