New guy, same Briggs surge (bs)...

CaptFerd

Threads
Is this the V twin motor your working on or single cylinder?

CaptFerd

Threads
V-Twin or Single?
Ok Ive thought about it educate me. Think hard yourself my friend. Depending on witch of the 2 depends on the answer for this persons problem. Not sure whats going on here.

Last edited:

Cub Wanter

Threads
Ok Ive thought about it educate me. Think hard yourself my friend. Depending on witch of the 2 depends on the answer for this persons problem. Not sure whats going on here.

It's a single mate... was running fine one minute... I shut it down to move junk out of my way, I get back in.and nothing...

My crackhead self decided to take the carb off only to discover the solenoid went bad... so I reassemble, reinstall. and the surges have been haunting me since... I've took this stupid thing apart at least 5 times for cleaning (cleaning I'm thinking it doesn't even need).. but it's just refusing to work with me

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I reread what I typed LOL. I was WRONG for what I typed to CaptFerd. Single or twin wasn't stated by the OP. My apologies to CaptFerd. She's a single cylinder per Cub wanter.

Telesis

Threads
When you were cleaning the 'ungrateful jets', did you just use a fluid/spray and/or did you physically run a wire/microdrill/torchtip cleaner through the main jet up through the bottom of the emulsion tube? If you did that then just ignore this post!

I just fixed a surge problem with my 33" walk-behind mower (8.5HP B&S I/C single cylinder L-head) and it took removing the emulsion tube twice. Engine would smooth out by choking it a bit at WOT and ran smooth at low speed so likely a fuel delivery problem. First time I did a visual inspection and ran carb cleaner through it(emulsion tube). I saw what appeared to be plenty of light up through the center main jet...so I stopped there. Put it back together and no change. Removed again and this time very gingerly ran a torch tip cleaner up through and spray cleaned it. Put it back together and it runs like a top. Absolutely no hunting or surge anywhere in the throttle range. Problem fixed. It doesn't take much of a restriction to cause surging! I just can't believe my Lyin' Eyes!

FWIW....

Joed756

Threads
It is imperative that you don't mix up the order, S'mores first, THEN pissing.