New Greenworks 20" twin blade Li-Ion battery powered lawn mower !

MowerMike

Threads
  • / New Greenworks 20" twin blade Li-Ion battery powered lawn mower !
Well say for example you might be using them in a small commercial setting. One would need more than a couple batteries to get through a typical day.

Neither I nor the poster I was answering are using these tools commercially, so there's no need for us to have a bunch of extra batteries. I understand your perspective, but I think the vast majority of battery garden tools like these are used residentially. Also, none of these particular tools are warrantied for commercial use.

BrandonG

Threads
Neither I nor the poster I was answering are using these tools commercially, so there's no need for us to have a bunch of extra batteries. I understand your perspective, but I think the vast majority of battery garden tools like these are used residentially. Also, none of these particular tools are warrantied for commercial use.

The Lowe's "Kobalt" rebranded tools are warrantied for 5 years.

hbktimf24

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm curious as to why you chose the 24V string trimmer (weed wacker), instead of saving money by buying the 40V GMAX string trimmer as a "tool only" w/o the battery/charger and using the GMAX battery from one of the other tools. Also, do you already have a leaf blower ?

http://www.amazon.com/GreenWorks-21...d=1396191016&sr=1-2&keywords=greenworks+g-max

Good point, and I really didn't notice you could buy them without the battery and charger. I'll be returning the trimmer for a 40v gmax trimmer tool only. Thanks for the heads up.

BrandonG

Threads
That's for residential use.

I read the warranty myself, didn't see anything that differentiated between residential and commercial.

Anyway, the normal warranty on their products, the one year, doesn't differentiate. I don't know if there's any difference between the normal warranty and the warranty they put on those Kobalt tools.

MowerMike

Threads
I read the warranty myself, didn't see anything that differentiated between residential and commercial.

Anyway, the normal warranty on their products, the one year, doesn't differentiate. I don't know if there's any difference between the normal warranty and the warranty they put on those Kobalt tools.

Go to a Lowe's store and ask them to show you the manuals for the display models. I'll bet it will include some text like "excludes commercial use".

GreenJeff

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Greenworks 20" Twin Force lawn mower is now being sold for only $349 at Lowe's online:

Shop Greenworks 40-Volt 20-in Cordless Electric Push Lawn Mower at Lowes.com

The advantage of buying online from Lowe's is that in case of any initial problems, it can be returned directly to the nearest Lowe's store for a refund.

Thanks for the tip. This is my first post here but I've been reading some of the threads and I'm happy to say I'll soon be a proud owner of a new Greenworks 20" Twin Force lawn mower purchased from Lowe's.

I got an excellent deal due to Amazon having a Gold Box Deal on these mowers today. So I went to Lowe's and they price-matched the deal plus beat it by 10% (per their price match policy). They also were having a promotion where if you signed up for a Lowe's CC you got 10% off your first purchase (that stacked nicely with the price-match deal). My cost after all was said and done: $247.27

The mower was actually out of stock so they contacted another store that had a few and its being shipped to my local store. They said it should be here in about a week, which will be just in time as the grass is starting to grow here in Michigan. My only dilemma was choosing between the 20" Twin Force and the 19" single blade mower. I thought it was kind of strange that Amazon had the 19" priced higher than the 20" but without being able to find any head-to-head comparisons between these two, I opted for the 20" Twin Force as it seems like it's the newer model and might be more powerful due to the twin blades. The metal deck on the 19" model certainly had me seriously considering it instead. Hope I went with the right model. Time will tell.

CorkyF

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just ordered mine Thursday from Amazon.It was a gold box deal and was on sale for $288, including shipping with Amazon prime. I also had a $30 reward points credit to use so that brought it down to $258, and with no sales tax (yet in Minnesota) on online orders I think I got a good deal. Time will tell, it will be arriving on Monday, I'll check it over for any damage, and considering I've got a big siding and window project going, I'll have to wait until that mess is cleaned up before I try it out. After several projects my yard shrunk somewhat so I think having a battery-powered mower will be doable. I've got my fingers crossed.:smile:

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Kinda abused the mower recently in over-tall grass. It never bogged down, just an odd change in the sound. Flipped it on its side and had to pull mass amounts of grass packed in there - started overlapping more. Curiously, the area I mowed look decent but, probably wasn't packed-up for long.

I did use some Great Stuff to fill-in the 'cells' w'ever on the mulch plug. Now it can't fill up with cuttings.

rijola

Forum Newbie
Threads
FWIW, my last post was 10-28-13.

Bought a second 20" Twin Blade last November on a trip from WI to MS. Hard to find them in ANY Lowes stores back then. Used this second one for two grass cuttings and, when cleaning bottom side yesterday, noticed a 4-5" long crack in deck underside starting from the perimeter of the left hand motor base and extending upward to center of deck. My phone call to Greenworks seemed to be handled well, especially for a Saturday afternoon. Gave me the number of a local service center (THAT surprised me in our town of 20,000) and said I could bring it there (with proof of purchase) or they would send me a new deck. Not wanting to do all that extra work right now, I'll be bringing it to the service center. My only concern is that I can't find anyone who's ever done business with this outfit and the 2 reviews I found online don't look optimistic as far as their quality of service. We'll keep you posted on the outcome of this warranty service. Date of manufacture is 12/2012 -- 5 months earlier than the mower I bought three months before!

On my #1 Twin Blade (manufactured 5/2013), I noticed a thumb sized part of the deck that had broken nearly off on the rear, lower edge of the deck underside. You'll notice this area has some thinner construction than much of the rest of the edge perimeter. I'm going to try to rivet on some strap metal backing to brace this piece so that it stays on and doesn't break off completely. It likely caught one of our protruding roots when wifey was mowing last year. I can't see the blades generating enough force to through a rock through the area hard enough to break that piece the way it's situated.

Still not thrilled with the battery life but with two chargers now, and the 4 batteries that come with 2 mowers, I think we'll be OK. All 4 batteries fully charged were not enough to mow our 1/3 acre a few weeks ago but some of the grass was pretty tall and required the higher speed engine function when mowing. Next time I'll start with the smaller batteries, put them on the chargers as soon as they're discharged, and see if they'll be charged up enough to finish off the whole job without having to split the lawn mowing into two days. The gas mower (22") would usually allow us to mow the entire lawn in 90+ minutes. We've got 2 ditches, lots of trees/stumps/flower beds, etc., to mow around. Most of the area has a 50/50 forbs/grass coverage. (Some would call that weeds/grass!). Lots of shaded areas makes the lawn fairly thin in about 30% of the yard.

Back to work ....