New Greenworks 20" twin blade Li-Ion battery powered lawn mower !

MowerMike

Threads
  • / New Greenworks 20" twin blade Li-Ion battery powered lawn mower !
The Greenworks 20" Twin Force lawn mower is now being sold for only $349 at Lowe's online:

Shop Greenworks 40-Volt 20-in Cordless Electric Push Lawn Mower at Lowes.com

This is $11 less than online pricing from Amazon and CPO Outlets, and $50 less than the Kobalt branded version sold in Lowe's stores. The advantage of buying online from Lowe's is that in case of any initial problems, it can be returned directly to the nearest Lowe's store for a refund.

MowerMike

Threads
I think I may have found a cheap source of replacement blades for the Greenworks 20" dual-blade mower. Lowe's is now selling an identical version of this mower under their Kobalt house brand, and they have replacement blade sets for only $9.78. They also have a replacement for the 19" single blade mower for only $8.96.

Shop Kobalt 2-Pack 20-in Multipurpose Mower Blades at Lowes.com

Shop Kobalt 19-in Multipurpose Mower Blade at Lowes.com

Well, Lowe's has jacked up the prices on the blades, so there's no advantage in buying from them anymore. Besides, they have yet to show them in stock. They are definitely the same blades as sold for the Greenworks mowers, because the part numbers are identical. I've found various online sources for the Greenworks branded blades. A set (2) of 10" blades for the 20" twin blade mower cost about $24 including shipping, which is the same price I'd pay for the Kobalt branded blades if I bought them at my local Lowe's and paid state sales tax.

BrandonG

Threads
Well Lowe's seems to have just jacked up the price on the batteries on their Kobalt brand.

$149 for the 4ah. It used to be $114.
I doubt they will be selling anymore GreenWorks anything now.

CPO Outlets still wants $130 for the 4ah GW battery.

MowerMike

Threads
Well Lowe's seems to have just jacked up the price on the batteries on their Kobalt brand.

$149 for the 4ah. It used to be $114.
I doubt they will be selling anymore GreenWorks anything now.

CPO Outlets still wants $130 for the 4ah GW battery.

Yeah, that $114 price for the 4 Ah battery seemed too good to be true, given that it was only $15 more than the 2 Ah battery. I'm not surprised that it increased to $149, which is the MSRP for the GW 4 Ah battery.

BrandonG

Threads
Yeah, that $114 price for the 4 Ah battery seemed too good to be true, given that it was only $15 more than the 2 Ah battery. I'm not surprised that it increased to $149, which is the MSRP for the GW 4 Ah battery.

That's $35 extra per battery...that really sucks...because now instead of buying 2 mowers, I might only buy one.

hbktimf24

Forum Newbie
Threads
After a long winter of using a electric snowblower with great success here in Ohio, i decided to sell off all my gas powered lawn machines for greenworks machines, and this thread has helped me out a lot. I purchased the Twin Force Lawn Mower, a 16" GMAX 40v Chainsaw, GMAX 40V Cultivater, and the 24V LI-Ion weed wacker. They all get delivered in a couple days im pretty excited. I should have plenty of batteries since they all come with them. I hope They are all as good as everyone says....Thanks for the recommendation for the mower.

MowerMike

Threads
After a long winter of using a electric snowblower with great success here in Ohio, i decided to sell off all my gas powered lawn machines for greenworks machines, and this thread has helped me out a lot. I purchased the Twin Force Lawn Mower, a 16" GMAX 40v Chainsaw, GMAX 40V Cultivater, and the 24V LI-Ion weed wacker. They all get delivered in a couple days im pretty excited. I should have plenty of batteries since they all come with them.

I'm curious as to why you chose the 24V string trimmer (weed wacker), instead of saving money by buying the 40V GMAX string trimmer as a "tool only" w/o the battery/charger and using the GMAX battery from one of the other tools. Also, do you already have a leaf blower ?

http://www.amazon.com/GreenWorks-21...d=1396191016&sr=1-2&keywords=greenworks+g-max

Last edited:

BrandonG

Threads
I'm curious as to why you chose the 24V string trimmer (weed wacker), instead of saving money by buying the 40V GMAX string trimmer as a "tool only" w/o the battery/charger and using the GMAX battery from one of the other tools. Also, do you already have a leaf blower ?

Amazon.com: GreenWorks 21242 G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Cordless String Trimmer with 4ah Li-Ion Battery and Charger Inc.: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Yeah, I don't think the 24V trimmer will be able to use the 40V Max batteries.

Also, it's not such a great deal to buy "tool only" when you can get it with the battery and charger for $150. The battery and charger alone are $150. It would make sense to buy two trimmers than to buy one and then buy an extra battery.

All the "MAX" tools will take both the 2ah and 4ah batteries.

MowerMike

Threads
Yeah, I don't think the 24V trimmer will be able to use the 40V Max batteries.

Also, it's not such a great deal to buy "tool only" when you can get it with the battery and charger for $150. The battery and charger alone are $150. It would make sense to buy two trimmers than to buy one and then buy an extra battery.

All the "MAX" tools will take both the 2ah and 4ah batteries.

The 24V and 40V batteries and chargers are definitely not interchangeable. Heck, even the Gen1 and Gen2 (GMAX) 40V batteries/chargers are not interchangeable. Given that the previous poster also bought the 20" mower, 16" chainsaw and cultivator with batteries and chargers, this would mean 3 40v GMAX chargers plus 3 40V 4 Ah GMAX batteries plus 1 40V 2 Ah GMAX battery that could be shared with a tool only 40V GMAX trimmer. It's very unlikely that all 4 tools will be in use at the same time, and what is the point of spending more money just to get a 4th charger and another 2 Ah battery ?

BrandonG

Threads
The 24V and 40V batteries and chargers are definitely not interchangeable. Heck, even the Gen1 and Gen2 (GMAX) 40V batteries/chargers are not interchangeable. Given that the previous poster also bought the 20" mower, 16" chainsaw and cultivator with batteries and chargers, this would mean 3 40v GMAX chargers plus 3 40V 4 Ah GMAX batteries plus 1 40V 2 Ah GMAX battery that could be shared with a tool only 40V GMAX trimmer. It's very unlikely that all 4 tools will be in use at the same time, and what is the point of spending more money just to get a 4th charger and another 2 Ah battery ?

Well say for example you might be using them in a small commercial setting. One would need more than a couple batteries to get through a typical day.