Need help with Hart self propelled lawn mower

• Thread starter Deleted member 132723
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 132723

I have a Hart self propelled battery powered mower that I bought in Jan. 2021. It has a 5 yr limited warranty. Closest place is 2 hours away. How can I repair it myself? The self propell and cruise control quit working last week and I just can't push it without killing myself. I haven't been able to find any repair sites to help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Stephanie Molsbee

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks like your mower is driven by an electric motor. If that is the case there is not much you can do, unless you have experience troubleshooting electrical systems. I suggest you contact Hart Support at this number. 18007765191. Have your units model and serial number, plus your date of purchase ready.

D

Deleted member 132723

Looks like your mower is driven by an electric motor. If that is the case there is not much you can do, unless you have experience troubleshooting electrical systems. I suggest you contact Hart Support at this number. 18007765191. Have your units model and serial number, plus your date of purchase ready.
Please read my post as I stated that I contacted Hart and nearest repair is 2 hours away

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, but I don’t see where you said you contacted Hart. That being said, unless you have or can find someone with electrical troubleshooting experience, there is not much you can do.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Sorry, but I don’t see where you said you contacted Hart. That being said, unless you have or can find someone with electrical troubleshooting experience, there is not much you can do.
This is what can happen when you buy a product from Walmart that shops will not service. Many shops these days will not work on equipment they don’t sell.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Electric mowers are new to the market
So the ones being sold by mower shops have some sort of service backing
When it comes to big box stores they will all be the cheapest possible ones they can buy in bulk from China
Most will be sold under a shop owned name to discuise that you are paying $ 400 for a mower they bought from China for $ 40 and of course it makes it easy to honour the " won't be undersold" guarantee if no one else can sell that brand even if their one is exactly the same right down to the colour .
IF you want to post some pickies then some one may recognise it but that is a very long bow

In the old days the controls were rheostats or potentiometers so we could work around there being no service parts available with a trip to Tandy .
Now days it is all solid state & microprocessors so no hope at all in circumfrenting the original wiring .

If it is still under warranty take it back
IF it is out of warranty and you get no assistance print a T-Shirt saying these mowers are junk that can not be fixed and stand in front of the shop doors where you bought it .
Note not too close because you are not allowed to prevent people entering the shop.
Ring the local TV / Newspapers , they like to run stories like this .
Usually the store manager will offer you a "special deal " if you promise to go away .

I have done this several times for myself and for friends & customers of a previous business and in every case they either gave them a full refund or replaced the item and that included 4 Jeeps ( load of trash those SUV's )

gotomow

Threads
Please read my post as I stated that I contacted Hart and nearest repair is 2 hours away
Then take it to the repair shop. Hopefully it's not a "wear" part and will be covered by warranty. Otherwise go to a Toro or Husqvarna dealer and price a good battery mower and decide what you want to do. Pay for a real mower or take your time and $$ to the toy mower repair shop.

D

Deleted member 132723

Then take it to the repair shop. Hopefully it's not a "wear" part and will be covered by warranty. Otherwise go to a Toro or Husqvarna dealer and price a good battery mower and decide what you want to do. Pay for a real mower or take your time and $$ to the toy mower repair shop.
Wow, such a rude jerk. Hope you find some grace and mercy.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the warranty shop is not an option , you’ll have to go to a local repair shop and pay their rate, as you are down to those two choices. You’ve been caught in one of the BIG BOX store sales programs. They sell products at a cheaper price, but offer no services after the sale.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is very frustrating when trying to tell people they have made a very poor purchase decision
And buying anything from any store that does not have their own repair facility or will not take it back and get it repaired for you is an extreamly poor decision
Basically what you have is junk that can not be fixed because there is no service contracts for it, no parts suppliers and no service details .
So to put it another way, it is a throw away .
US consumer laws are pathetic and assume that every purchaser is an engineer who can thoroughly evaluate every product before they purchase it .
Down here we have a government mandate 12 month warrany period and the seller has to offer repair service and parts supply
Unfortunately they are also allowed to add handleing & transport charges which will often be more then the replacement cost.

You unfortunately only have the alternatives that we have alread offered

Hopefully this will be a learning process for you .
f you have never heard of a brand then there is a 99% chance it is store branded junk.

Before you buy any consumer durable item go to your computer and search for "Hart ( MODEL NUMBER ) Service manual / Spares Manual"
If you get nothing then do not buy it even if the vendor offers a 100 year warranty , most of which will have more holes in them than a collinder and are worthless .

SO the best outcome you can hope for is the shop will pll another $ 40 mowr off the shelf to replace your faulty one and honour the extended warranty that you got when you bought it .
IF you make any attempt to repair it then the warranty will be null & void .
If you think you are being treated badly by the store then complain to your congressman.
If you are lucky one of the office staff might send the retailer a cranky email .