MS 250 bar oil consumption

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The ms250 is a good saw for most homeowners. The chain that comes on the saw will be an anti kickback semi chisel chain. If you look at the chain you should find either a yellow or green painted link. Green is anti kickback safety chain and yellow is non safety. "Green" chain is a little slower cutting that the older style of chains. Semi cheisel cuts slower than full chisel but dulls easier. Stihl's fastest cutting chain is the RS line. Cuts fast dulls easily and non safety. Take your pick but keep it sharp.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
it does throw oil off the bar, but not like my older saws did. Just really want to make sure the bar is not running lean on oil. Not really happy with the saws power wises also. I had a 30 year old O23 that I think cut faster than this saw. I sold a very lightly used 029 for $275 and my 023 for $90 and bought the ms250 for I think $290 new. I was thinking get rid of the old and heavy not used saw. Get this new saw and probably never have to by a saw again. again Thanks for the replys..
BAck in post #5 you were told how to check for over heating bars
Bars overheat for 2 reason mainly
1) forcing a blunt chain to cut
2) not enough oil on the bar
Apart from lubricating the oil removes a lot of heat
Every season I get some Ebay junkers in where the bar has gotten hot enough to melt the plastic under the chain guard and occasionally hot enough to soften the bar bolts so it falls off in use .

Teeton

Threads
BAck in post #5 you were told how to check for over heating bars
Bars overheat for 2 reason mainly
1) forcing a blunt chain to cut
2) not enough oil on the bar
Apart from lubricating the oil removes a lot of heat
Every season I get some Ebay junkers in where the bar has gotten hot enough to melt the plastic under the chain guard and occasionally hot enough to soften the bar bolts so it falls off in use .
I'm beginning to think all's good and that just how much oil it use's per tank of gas. Bar looks good. no dis-color. Now only wish it had more power like my old 023. Thanks everyone.