Mower deck on craftsman?

metz12

Threads
So, I just got a sweet offer on my yard machines mower. I only bought the thing for $100 and my dads friend offered me $350. I dont know if i want to sell it or not Because that would mean me having to put the mower deck on my craftsman. I like using it as a tractor and i hope to plow with it so i dont know if i want to put the deck on. What should I do?? Thanks in advance.

Threads
So, I just got a sweet offer on my yard machines mower. I only bought the thing for $100 and my dads friend offered me $350. I dont know if i want to sell it or not Because that would mean me having to put the mower deck on my craftsman. I like using it as a tractor and i hope to plow with it so i dont know if i want to put the deck on. What should I do?? Thanks in advance.

Well it's not like you mow in the winter so you wouldn't have to put the mower deck on and off, on and off. But if you use it as a tractor in the summer a lot, and do things that would not be good to do with the deck on, then that would be a pain taking it off when you want to use it as a tractor and putting it on when you want to mow. But if you only do things that you could still keep the deck on for (like pulling a cart or something) it would be OK.
He is offering a good amount of money! Maybe you could put it towards a new mower!

metz12

Threads
Well it's not like you mow in the winter so you wouldn't have to put the mower deck on and off, on and off. But if you use it as a tractor in the summer a lot, and do things that would not be good to do with the deck on, then that would be a pain taking it off when you want to use it as a tractor and putting it on when you want to mow. But if you only do things that you could still keep the deck on for (like pulling a cart or something) it would be OK.
He is offering a good amount of money! Maybe you could put it towards a new mower!

Ya, thats what i was thinking, I wouldnt need to put it on this winter. im all done doing leaf jobs and whatever but i have a couple lawns that i do that i really need the rider. that money would go well to a nice used mower. alot of people sell theirs at the beginning of the season because they are buying a new one. Maybe a hydrostatic transmission!

Threads
Ya, thats what i was thinking, I wouldnt need to put it on this winter. im all done doing leaf jobs and whatever but i have a couple lawns that i do that i really need the rider. that money would go well to a nice used mower. alot of people sell theirs at the beginning of the season because they are buying a new one. Maybe a hydrostatic transmission!

It is also good to buy this time of year because like you said, most people buy in the spring, so prices will be lower now since less people are looking.

metz12

Threads
It is also good to buy this time of year because like you said, most people buy in the spring, so prices will be lower now since less people are looking.

maybe ill just buy a honda!! you would be so excited if i did!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
metz12 said:

I would sell the MTD and use the craftsman the deck comes off and goes back on in less than five mins.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

metz12

Threads
I would sell the MTD and use the craftsman the deck comes off and goes back on in less than five mins.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Very true. I think i will sell it. I think i'll use that money to buy a new push mower. I need a new one and use the one I have now for a backup.

Threads
Very true. I think i will sell it. I think i'll use that money to buy a new push mower. I need a new one and use the one I have now for a backup.

Yeah, I think that is a good decision. What brand are you leaning towards?

metz12

Threads
Yeah, I think that is a good decision. What brand are you leaning towards?

Your probably going to hate me for saying this but there is a toro that is self propelled that moves to what you walk at. not sure of the name of it though. I would like to try to find it in a local shop though. so i have no idea. but a honda would be nice. there is also craftsman mowers WITH a honda engine in it that was at sears so thats might be the way i will go since i like both craftsman and honda stuff