Massive, massive, paint analysis, no expense spared.

chuckpen

Threads
  • / Massive, massive, paint analysis, no expense spared.
Uh, this is a mower, not a 69 pace car convertible Camaro. Paint it cheap and don't look down ..

Or, do a camo paint job so it is harder to find. that would cut down your mowing time. yuk.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Uh, this is a mower, not a 69 pace car convertible Camaro.
Well, fyi, I wax my Scag at end of mow season. Why ? Because I take good care of my toys.

JAZ

Threads
I have a 1977 Yanmar 2500 tractor that has been outside for 15 years or there about. Weather has taken it toil especially the Texas sun. Took the hood off this summer and found some $12.00 a can of tractor paint at Tractor Supply. Bought 2 cans of it then found $3 or $4, cans of Krylon that matched pretty good. Little less paint in them but the cost makes up for that. Can't post photos because of not knowing how but think it came out pretty good for a homemade spray can job that was done outside.
Texas John

Roll

Threads
Well, fyi, I wax my Scag at end of mow season. Why ? Because I take good care of my toys.
Yup, I try too. Except for the old big box store JD I bought for a riding mower. I ignored it for 18 years and it finally failed. It was not a quality mower though. Nothing like the quality of the larger JD equipment.

4getgto

Threads
This is a Woods Mow'n Machine (Similar to Grasshopper) that I bought new in 1996. 1150 hrs. I keep it cleaned up waxed every year. Still have people that don't believe its that old..
2022-11-19_10-54-59_107.jpg

The Road Warrior

Forum Newbie
Threads
I stopped using any OEM paints as they are WAYYY overpriced and have yet to get a decent match.
That being said, they’re just lawn mowers and unless you’re taking them to car shows, generic equipment enamel is as close as the OEM and a much more cost effective solution.

Roll

Threads
Nice rig there 4getgto. Did your wife tell you to sell your Pontiac GTO? If so, you're not alone. Mine said I could learn to fly over her dead body. I gave that dream up. Then years later after getting careless and going off the track twice she said I had to quit the racing. So I did.

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is a Woods Mow'n Machine (Similar to Grasshopper) that I bought new in 1996. 1150 hrs. I keep it cleaned up waxed every year. Still have people that don't believe its that old..
Sweet, that does look near new.. If it weren't for the few deck scratches I'd have said NEW..

Last edited:

4getgto

Threads
Nice rig there 4getgto. Did your wife tell you to sell your Pontiac GTO? If so, you're not alone. Mine said I could learn to fly over her dead body. I gave that dream up. Then years later after getting careless and going off the track twice she said I had to quit the racing. So I did.
Was going through my 2nd child hood in late 90's and was looking for a GTO. Wasn't finding anything I wanted (or could afford) and ended up at a Pontiac dealer. They had new Trans Ams sitting on the lot and the sale man said go ahead take one home for the weekend...Well I did and still have it today. The wife got me the license plate .
IMG_20200916_160651.jpg

2022-07-27_13-17-36_016.jpg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sharp Ride, is the color black or dark blue ?