looking for a zero turn 3.27 acres

jenkinsph

Threads
A tractor will outlast a zero turn by at least a factor of 2:1

I suspect that if you pull your 1800 lb trailer around with your mower it won't last long.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
robert,
To answer your question to me, I need to state a few things up front that you must understand.
I have Ingersoll garden tractors, these tractors have ground engaging attachments, snow blowers, plows, mower decks, tractor powered collection systems among other attachments. What I like most about them is 8.00X16 rear tires that are 32" high and their hydraulic drive systems, not hydrostatic, hydraulic!!!!
In 2008 when I bought my Scag Tiger cub ZTR, I was on the fence between a new Ingersoll 4021PS GT with a 48" deck and the Scag Tiger Cub 48" deck. My Scag with a Scag collection system was $9,700 and the Ingersoll was $11,500 with 48" deck and a collection system called a Hydrabagger. Having owned and operated Ingersoll GTs for many years, and operated/serviced many other brands, I would have no other than an Ingersoll. Wide rear tire GTs give a nice ride but sacrifice traction. So when I make this next comment you will know what level it is from. If I had only one choice of machine, it would be an Ingersoll 4021PS GT with a 48" snow blower, 48" deck, 54" plow, and collection system, all of which I have except the tractor is a 1989 4018 Ingersoll with 2,300 hours that I repowered at 2,000 hours. We have been here in the same home for 42 years, 1.5 acres to mow and a large circular crushed stone driveway. I started with two stroke Lawn Boy 21" mowers and a four wheel drive truck with a snow plow, but as I got older I started working smarter rather than harder.
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin::laughing:

robert

Threads
Mad Mackie, tnks; you, like all others who have answered the question would choose the tractor.

jenkinsph-unless your X749 has the K92 or equivalent drive-which does yours have- your machine would not make it long trying to move the load mentioned-a new or equivalent to the X749 cost what these days?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was at my local dealer yesterday getting some parts, they sell Scag, Simplicity, Toro. We got chatting and I asked the question and ZTs outsell LTs, GTs, and CUTs by 3 to 1.
In season, I'm on call with about 20 customers, this is a service that I have provided since cell phones were reduced in size. Most of these folk have large areas that they mow and all have ZTs and some have full size tractors for snow removal, light farming, etc. It all depends on one's needs, wants, available dollars, and time.
No doubt that the OP quickly got disgusted with all this back and forth and went away. 22 pages talking about apples and oranges is a bit much. And with this, I have an appointment with my Hustler dealer who is about one hour away and I plan to buy an 2nd ZT today for spring delivery along with the one on order for the cemetery assoc.
Seeya
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin::laughing:

earthworm

Threads
Response 204 contradicts 203, robert.
I believe 204, rather than 203 ; which, IMO, is a spin, even a lie.
Politicians do the same and should be ashamed of themselves.:mad:
Too bad that the OP does not have the time nor patience to read all these posts.
I'd like to see a better way of doing this....more GOOD words per mm.

jenkinsph

Threads
Robert,
My 2011 x749 has the aws version of the K92 with rear 540 pto option. I don't try to pull heavy loads with my GT, thats what I have three tractors for. The x749 is used for close up finish work where the larger tractors can't fit easily. Taming new lawn areas, grading, contouring, and mowing on the steep slopes is why I have the x749. On my own lawn at home I use the L130 mower and have it ready to go with sharp blades, works decent enough for me.

What I find interesting about you and your lawn mower is it appears about all you can do is mow with it. You keep criticizing the zero turns being purpose built for mowing only, don't really see how your CC 2000GT can do more than the zt mowers you flame. What you have is a riding lawn mower and imo a nice one you really need to try to enjoy what you have and quit protesting so loudly.

Chev

Threads
Mmm, 3ph and a rear PTO.

Without that, it is just a mower. I can't even see why one would have a tractor without a front loader bucket. But I'm spoiled to my pop's Ford 1600.

Everything else is a mower with a pull cart, aerator, or maybe a spreader.

jenkinsph

Threads
Mmm, 3ph and a rear PTO.

Without that, it is just a mower. I can't even see why one would have a tractor without a front loader bucket. But I'm spoiled to my pop's Ford 1600.

Everything else is a mower with a pull cart, aerator, or maybe a spreader.

Pretty much my thoughts too, I prefer not to have a fel on my tractors as it is in the way and makes them more cumbersome. The 110tlb is what I use for fel work, that and a wheelbarrow.:biggrin:

Black Bart

Threads
Robert,
My 2011 x749 has the aws version of the K92 with rear 540 pto option. I don't try to pull heavy loads with my GT, thats what I have three tractors for. The x749 is used for close up finish work where the larger tractors can't fit easily. Taming new lawn areas, grading, contouring, and mowing on the steep slopes is why I have the x749. On my own lawn at home I use the L130 mower and have it ready to go with sharp blades, works decent enough for me.

What I find interesting about you and your lawn mower is it appears about all you can do is mow with it. You keep criticizing the zero turns being purpose built for mowing only, don't really see how your CC 2000GT can do more than the zt mowers you flame. What you have is a riding lawn mower and imo a nice one you really need to try to enjoy what you have and quit protesting so loudly.
You are correct anything that can not use attachments is just a riding mower.
One machine can not do all things well that is why most people have more than one.
I mow with a ZTR
Pull a Roller/Aerator/sprayer/fertilizer spreader/dethatcher with my JD 180
The JD 430 in this photo is used for snow blower/pulling a landscape box/shaft driven rear mount tiller plus can be used for pulling all of above plus it has a 60" mower deck.

Roberts CC is not a GT regardless of what MTD says it is just a mower like a ZT but not nearly as good or as fast as the ZTR

Attachments

• 11 25 11_1357.jpg
    11 25 11_1357.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 10

Sammy the Red

Threads
We don't want a loader on the front of the 1066 or 856.
Loader work is kept to the Cat and the Boomer.