Looking at a new Scag 48" Liberty Z

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
How is the lawn striping on the Liberty Z? Can you pull a 40" lawn aerator ( plugger)? If I purchased a Scag Liberty Z I would have to figure out something differently to toss fertilizer ( currently use a Agra-Fab pull spreader behind my tractor). I want to sell my tractor and just have the Scag Liberty Z
0-turns are not the all around tractor like or Snapper 33" rear engine rider type do it all tools. Guess you could weld some steel plate to a 0-turn and build what you want? Course the liability issue comes to mind.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
How is the lawn striping on the Liberty Z? Can you pull a 40" lawn aerator ( plugger)? If I purchased a Scag Liberty Z I would have to figure out something differently to toss fertilizer ( currently use a Agra-Fab pull spreader behind my tractor). I want to sell my tractor and just have the Scag Liberty Z
I don’t see the big deal with striping. A good uniform cut is all that’s needed.
You may want to keep your tractor for pulling the aerator and spreader.
I use my Kawasaki Mule to do the heavier work.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't really bother to stripe, I have too many trees & shrubs. But I did keep my tow hitch from my Toro & put it on my Liberty.

Book says the Liberty can pull I believe 350 lbs. I have an aerator, I used to pull with the Toro, so I know the Liberty will pull it.

bkeller500

Threads
I don't really bother to stripe, I have too many trees & shrubs. But I did keep my tow hitch from my Toro & put it on my Liberty.

Book says the Liberty can pull I believe 350 lbs. I have an aerator, I used to pull with the Toro, so I know the Liberty will pull it.
thank you for your reply.

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's all good.

Freedom1955

Threads
Good to hear, Thanks, I have only mowed once with my 48" LZ, but it really feels great & the cut is so sharp.
I am already wondering why I didn't get one sooner.

Mind you, I took the time to properly inflate the tires & precisely adjust the deck to match the cut height settings, so I am cutting (with my body weight aboard), exactly what I chose to cut at. Cause with out the operator on board, the settings will be a bit higher, more or less depending on ones weight. But that is my OCD kicking in.. LOL
When you adjusted the deck is it level front to back or front lower then back of deck?

Lawn Addict
Threads
When you adjusted the deck is it level front to back or front lower then back of deck?
The Book calls for the 48" to be level F to B, But I added a pinch (1/16") higher in rear. It cuts beautifully, I now have a whopping 5 hours on it
Getting closer to the 'early 8 hour' oil change. I just cut today, so nice.

Rear tires run @ 8 Psi which gives a cushy ride. Fronts take 25 Psi.

Freedom1955

Threads
I had mine level and was leaving stragglers. I lowered the front of the deck so it's 1/4" lower than back. Leaving less stragglers now. I have the Hurricane mulch kit installed.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are your blades sharp, mine cuts beautifully. But NO mulch kit.