Looking at a new Scag 48" Liberty Z

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thinking of upgrading to a Scag 48" Liberty Z. Has the Kawasaki engine & HG 2800 pumps.
And the 5 year warranty.

Love my Toro. But maybe time for a slightly bigger machine. Not a need, more of a want.

Appreciate any input.

Bludevll

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a 52” liberty a in March and love it. It gives the best cut out of a mower that I’ve ever used. You won’t regret it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good to hear, Thanks, I have only mowed once with my 48" LZ, but it really feels great & the cut is so sharp.
I am already wondering why I didn't get one sooner.

Mind you, I took the time to properly inflate the tires & precisely adjust the deck to match the cut height settings, so I am cutting (with my body weight aboard), exactly what I chose to cut at. Cause with out the operator on board, the settings will be a bit higher, more or less depending on ones weight. But that is my OCD kicking in.. LOL

Last edited:

bkeller500

Threads
Good to hear, Thanks, I have only mowed once with my 48" LZ, but it really feels great & the cut is so sharp.
I am already wondering why I didn't get one sooner.

Mind you, I took the time to properly inflate the tires & precisely adjust the deck to match the cut height settings, so I am cutting (with my body weight aboard), exactly what I chose to cut at. Cause with out the operator on board, the settings will be a bit higher, more or less depending on ones weight. But that is my OCD kicking in.. LOL
Do you still love your SCAG Liberty? What don't you like about it? I am getting ready to pull the trigger.

Bludevll

Forum Newbie
Threads
Totally love it!!! I wish my yard was a little bigger so I could stay on it a little longer.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I love it, mowed last night with it. The finish cut grass is as smooth as a cue-ball.

And a couple hours after mowing even the tire marks are gone. Love those fat tires F & R.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did I mention the 5 year warranty.. Gotta love that. Engine is covered for the usual 3 years tho.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
you never did send me a picture of you riding both of those Z's roman style..... LOL.
1627696076313.png :LOL: :LOL:

bkeller500

Threads
How is the lawn striping on the Liberty Z? Can you pull a 40" lawn aerator ( plugger)? If I purchased a Scag Liberty Z I would have to figure out something differently to toss fertilizer ( currently use a Agra-Fab pull spreader behind my tractor). I want to sell my tractor and just have the Scag Liberty Z