Look what I just got

MowerMike

Threads
Is the SRM-225 better quality than the PE-225 ?

Aside from the advantages of a straight shaft on the SRM-225 .vs. a curved shaft on the PE-225, I noticed a difference in the way the power head is attached to the shaft, even though the engines are the same, the housings are somewhat different. The PE-225 attaches to the shaft by pinching the plastic housing against the shaft, whereas the SRM-225 uses a cast metal semi-circular clamp with bolts on each side. The SRM is a more secure way of attachment and is less likely to crack than flexing the plastic housing on one side. Another interesting tidbit is that my SRM-225 was "assembled in USA", but my PE-225 was "assembled in PRC." A small detail for sure, but indicative of higher quality in the SRM-225 than the PE-225. Pricing on both units is about the same.

IMGP1494.jpgIMGP1490.jpgIMGP1492.jpg

stygz

Threads
Last year I bought the PAS-225. It has the straight shaft trimmer and leaf blower. I also picked up a used three wheeled trimmer to replace my craftsman trimmer and curved shaft edger. I hated that curved shaft edger! I actually bent the shaft/bar on the craftsman power head. Anyway just two days ago I sold my 3 wheeled edger and got my straight shaft echo edger attachment for simplicity. WOW that edger attachment is really built! Cant wait to try it. I am really impressed with echo. Way better than my craftsman stuff. My craftsman stuff did last me several years. I traded the craftsman gear for a case of heineken:thumbsup:

Threads
Last year I bought the PAS-225. It has the straight shaft trimmer and leaf blower. I also picked up a used three wheeled trimmer to replace my craftsman trimmer and curved shaft edger. I hated that curved shaft edger! I actually bent the shaft/bar on the craftsman power head. Anyway just two days ago I sold my 3 wheeled edger and got my straight shaft echo edger attachment for simplicity. WOW that edger attachment is really built! Cant wait to try it. I am really impressed with echo. Way better than my craftsman stuff. My craftsman stuff did last me several years. I traded the craftsman gear for a case of heineken:thumbsup:

Yes, I have the SRM-225 and the PE-225 and LOVE them. I like ALL of my Echo equipment! How do you like the blower attachment for the PAS system?
pas blower.jpg
(http://www.protoolreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/ptr/3538.jpg)

stygz

Threads
No problems with the blower. Some have complained about not being strong enough but is has done everything I needed it for.

JDsLawnCare

Threads
Lots of good information in this thread! I recently bought an Echo PAS-225 about a month or so ago and im loving it. I started my lawn care business last year, not having much money to start with i bought a troy bilt with the trimmer, edger, and blower attachments. While it got the job done, it just wasnt anywhere near the quality of product to last up to what i needed it to do. Now that i could afford something a little better quality, i went straight for the echo, and im so glad i did. The trimmer is great all the way around. It is built well, fuel consumption is minimal (i fill up after 2 yards, im sure i could get away with 3 but nothing drives me more crazy than running out of gas on the job) the edger is built like a rock! Very solid and im sure will last a very long time. The motor is very quiet (with my headphones in i can hear the line whipping around more than the motor noises)

All in all if anyone is looking for an affordable and dependable trimmer and edger, i highly recommend the pas-225.