LawnMowerFanatic's 2015 Equipment/Work Thread

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The leaves have started falling early this year.
And pine needles cover every driveway.
Was not a real hot summer. Thinking we will have a cold winter.
Time to go to Florida.

Threads
...Thinking we will have a cold winter.
Time to go to Florida.

And you think you have it bad. :tongue: This is my driveway in the winter. You can see the height of the mailbox at the right side. This was before we had a snowblower.

attachment.php

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
And you think you have it bad. :tongue: This is my driveway in the winter. You can see the height of the mailbox at the right side. This was before we had a snowblower.

This is why I moved down here.
I grew up up in MA, on cape cod.
The snow was fun 40 years ago.
Now the cold just hurts.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I live about 70 or so miles as the crow flies off the Gulf of Mexico. It gets too cold for me some time still. We very seldom see snow. I don't know of any snow equipment within 100 miles of us or further.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's even worse here guys...

-35 F
1 feet of snow sometimes

Threads
It's even worse here guys...

-35 F
1 feet of snow sometimes

Yeah no thank you! -35 is crazy! Although it would be great to mow your long the change of the seasons so we get leaves falling and then snow makes it fun to do something different. But if winter could be maybe 1 month long, that would be better. By Jan./Feb. it gets old.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
The transition is nice. From mowing to blowing leaves. But, in March it gets old with the snow. In April it has to leave!

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
We got our leaf removal equipment out dusted it off and are ready to put it to use. There's a few starting to fall but so far we've just put mulching blades on not enough to start doing removals yet. Just finished up fall treatments, but still have half a pallet of fertilizer out for the unscheduled calls. I added a new 2015 F250 super duty picked it up Saturday. I'll be getting a plow put on it as soon as I decide if I want to go with a V plow or a straight blade.

image-1330307341.jpg

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
We got our leaf removal equipment out dusted it off and are ready to put it to use. There's a few starting to fall but so far we've just put mulching blades on not enough to start doing removals yet. Just finished up fall treatments, but still have half a pallet of fertilizer out for the unscheduled calls. I added a new 2015 F250 super duty picked it up Saturday. I'll be getting a plow put on it as soon as I decide if I want to go with a V plow or a straight blade.

View attachment 27465

Things are going well for you! Congrats!
Same here, just mulching leaves until it really starts to fall. I mainly use BP blowers to do cleanups. Works well.

Those rims tho... Too nice for lawn care. ;)