Kroller CV15S won't start without staring fluid

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Crazy, the Stens is more money than the OEM Kohler fuel pump.

Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes it needs the pump. The Kohler pump is kinda expensive. I use one from stens. Testing the pump is not easy because of the hard line from pump to carb isn't easy to disconnect.
Thanks for the verification Hammer. I knew one of you guys had seen this one before. I appreciate it everyone.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
P.S.

Was thinking about drilling out that carb restriction on the inlet pipe. If you look down into it, you can see a small hole where the fuel travels through. About the size of a carb spray straw. Then hook the tank up for gravity flow. Basically by-passing that pump for more longevity.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fuelpump.png

Pulling the fuel line off is not easy. O e way to test the fuel pump if the system has a clear fuel filter. Pinch off the fuel line between the tank and filter for about 20 seconds then release. If the pump is working you will see fuel bubble onto the filter. Not the perfect test but a quick and dirty check.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
This answers a question i've had too... i always wondered what that casting was for on the Commands, next to the dipstick tube..... now i know.

cupboy

Threads
Does this fuel solenoid look retracted? It seems to. I don't know where the pin is. Should it be near the red wire?solenoid.jpg

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The pin is inside the carb... you can't see it from the outside.
1652298107206.png

cupboy

Threads
I don't remember that at all. Well, I guess there will be quite a bit more disassembly to do. There is this big plastic part over the carb. Disassembly looks rather complicated to say the least. I do not remember doing this last time. It's a shame my new lawn guy quit. My lawn would be mowed by now instead of being over a foot high. Getting close to two feet.carb_cover.jpg

I'm so tempted just to get out the sledgehammer and get that part of that way. It would be more fun, at least at first.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
you should be able to remove it with the flats on it, either a deep socket or a wrench, most likely 1/2" or 13mm.. may be 12mm
carb10.png

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
This answers a question i've had too... i always wondered what that casting was for on the Commands, next to the dipstick tube..... now i know.
Yup the ol' fuel pump.