Kohler PH-XT675-2011

I bought this Toto mower from a neighbor I was told the mower has not been used. I checked the oil, the oil looked clean and clear almost too clean (like when the engine runs low or out of oil they add new oil after it quits running. I cleaned the carb it had brown powder and rust in the bowel, with the air cleaner removed, on the first pull one backfire, after a few pulls it started with smoke out of exhaust then stopped smoking and stalled. The only way to keep the engine running was to keep the choke closed (with a screwdriver) less than the Vacuum auto choke even after the engine was warmed up it would only runs on a rich mixture, after about 20 minutes it would stay running, when I tried to mow the engine had no power and stalled....when it was running I could hear a sound I have never heard before like high pressure air leak each cycle not constant. Please help, Thank you.
 
The carb is clean.
What causes the head gasket to fail?
Leaking exhaust gasket I didn't think of that. Between head and muffler?
What engine problems can a leaking exhaust gasket cause, beside the noise?
Thank You.
 
Because it has been sitting I’ll bet the float level is too low, causing a lean running condition. I would replace the float needle and seat, plus make sure the float is set properly.
 
I don't know Kohler. The Carb has a metal needle with spring and the seat is metal, I don't see a rubber seat like in a Briggs & Stratton.
The float is plastic. Is something missing?
Thank You.
 
These are the numbers I can find, Thank You.
 

Attachments

  • Barcode on Deck.JPG
    Barcode on Deck.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Serial Number.txt
    Serial Number.txt
    58 bytes · Views: 4
  • Toro half picture.JPG
    Toro half picture.JPG
    221.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Auto Choke.jpg
    Auto Choke.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Toro top of Nameplate.JPG
    Toro top of Nameplate.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 2
None of those help. Look under the discharge door, on back of the unit, you should find the Toro numbers. Model and serial.
 
Rivets you're going to hate me.

The UPC-A code comes back as TORO - 20371 - 22In OHV Recycler High Wheel Mower with FWD (CARB)

And text file has

Spec No.PH-XT675-2011 (2012)

SERIAL NO. 4200419748

Note on the XT675 the carburetor is only available as a complete assembly; otherwords, no repair kit except for a high altitude kit.
 
You know how to look up the UPC code and I don’t. Why should I hate you just because you’re ahead of me in that area. Even though I’m north of 70, doesn’t mean I can’t continue learning. I just wish those that come here looking for help wouldn’t think we are all psychic and just post model and serial numbers. They think a mower is a mower and an engine is an engine.
 
Back
Top