Kohler PH-XT675-2011

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Not really all that hard...You basically just enter the numbers. But I did cheat a little as I did use my barcode scanner for later lookups.

If you like to it just enter 021038203713 in your search bar. Or you could use https://www.barcodespider.com/

Now since I use a bar code scanner now for my business it is handy to scan barcodes. Right now I got only bar codes loaded but I can add more if I can which format they are in but even my distributors can't tell what those codes some OEM are using on their parts.

Heck if you are still learning you are still alive in my opinion.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I scan bar codes, but I’ll let the rest for the younger guys.

blaster 2023

Threads
What about the Seat, is it rubber and missing or metal with metal pointer needle?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As Star pointed out there are no service parts available for the carb, so needle and seat is not applicable to this carb. This service manual may help you out, depending on your mechanical abilities . If you deside that you want to attempt cleaning this carb, remember there are not replacement parts, so damaged parts will require replacing the carb assembly. The main jet is removable, with the appropriate screwdriver. You need one with a straight end to get at it, many DIY guys will grind the taper off An old one they have in their tool box. You must be very careful when trying to remove or you will damage the jet, at with point you will need to replace the carb. After you get the main jet out you can push the nozzle down to remove it. Watch carefully when removing the nozzle as some will have an O-ring on the end others don’t. This nozzle has small orifaces in it which may be clogged. After cleaning and making sure everything is open reassemble the carb, install and test. https://resources.kohler.com/power/kohler/enginesUS/pdf/14_690_01_EN.pdf

If you just want to replace the carb it is Kohler part number 14-853-90 and costs about $45.00. How you proceed will now be up to you.

blaster 2023

Threads
I understand,
So far I have found Chinese Gaskets and Bread tie as a missing bolt on the engine.
I have ordered a new Carb. What I want to know is the rubber seat missing or is the needle and seat metal to metal?
Every B&S and Lawn-Boy carb I have cleaned had a rubber seat.
Thank you for the part number and Manual link.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you just want to replace the carb it is Kohler part number 14-853-90 and costs about $45.00. How you proceed will now be up to you.
According Kohler's Dealers website that is an incorrect part number for the XT675-2011 engine. It is PN
14 853 49-S
and only retails for $25.10. Now several sites I looked are higher priced and I don't blame them due to the very low profit margin.

https://www.propartsdirect.net/kohler-1485349s-carb.aspx

Now when I look under the 14 853 49-S notes there is a carburetor repair kit 14 757 01-S superseded to 14 757 03-S which around $15 retail. Just not worth the trouble due the cost of a replacement carb.

14 853 90-S - KIT,CARB (HUAYI)
14-853 49-S - KIT,CARB (RUIXING), 13MM AUTO CHOKE WO/SHUTOFF

Both of these uses the same carburetor repair kit.

Note I had some more to spare this morning so dug into this deeper.

Last edited:

SpoolinV70

Threads
I believe this carburetor should have a rubber seat, but not the needle. I could be wrong though. I just recently had a Toro with this Kohler XT675 which had similar issues. In my case, the carb kept getting clogged with debris that wasn't sufficiently flushed out of the fuel tank.
Always make sure you remove the main jet and clean it with a wire/paper clip. It is removable on this carb.

Kohler carburetors are very similar to Hondas, from what I've seen. This is the only Kohler I've had aside from ride-ons.

blaster 2023

Threads
I think so too, the rubber seat swells and shuts off the gas, years ago, I would take the carb to a local shop and he would use compressed air to blow it out and replace it.
Now I know what I suspected, Mr. fix-it did more harm than good. I have to check everything now. This mower was made in 2012, 11 years old.
replaced fuel line, Carb on order, change the oil, check breather hole and valve,
Thank You.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only Walbro carbs use a replaceable viton seat. Walbro carbs are not used on Kohler engines.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
This particular use Viton (rubber tip) needle valve and a metal seat (carb body) or at least that is what is in the carb repair kit.
1684945023243.png