Kawasaki spec number

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Go ahead and just start working for free while you are at it. I can use someone like you working for me for free.

nxslt1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Working for free..... Yeah that's the same as letting people know where a website is. ??‍♂️

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Working for free..... Yeah that's the same as letting people know where a website is.
That's why I don't tell how to access my resources like the Briggs Power Portal, Kohler Partners (formerly Kohler Plus), ARI, and Partsmart sites. They are there so I can make a living. Nor do I link anyone to my Google Drive resources like the Stihl, JD and ATV/UTV manuals that I have. Even if anyone finds a way to access them they are doubled encrypted using 256bit encryption.

But if you serious about working for free I got a Honda 300 that needs the front drive and suspension rebuilt in the shop now. Plus the JD 445 fuel injected mower that needs an engine rebuild. It has 60% leakage on the number two cylinder plus a broken motor mount and driveshaft coupler. The engine has to pulled just to get the motor mount off. And this not counting the several chainsaws and brush cutters that in the shop for rebuilds.

And I just got in a Troybilt ZTR and another Husqvarna chainsaw.

nxslt1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I couldn't really care less how many "secret" stashes you have. I've got a boatload of manuals saved from years and years of working on equipment you've probably never even heard of. I work on these little engines for fun most of the time. Dude you're just weird.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not really
For you , if a maker gets upset & bans your access to their web archive it is no real problem , you will still have food on the table .
For the techs who make a living from fixing small engines & mowers it can mean no food on the table .
brands often have crackdowns on people allowing unauthorized access to their data .
I have only been doing this for 9 years now but still spend on average 1/3 of the repair time trolling through IPL's when attempting to find parts.
And this is non billable hours.
When I sell out the new owner will get what I did not, about 400 G of manuals & IPL's plus about 200 hard copy manuals .
I am always happy to let individuals know where I get information from but there is no way I would ever publish that on an open public forum.
For no other reason than just about every time some one shows how smart they are by publicising a method, or an unauthorised archive then makers shut it down .
So then I have to spend hours trolling to try & find an alternative source for the information .

Star is fairly good with information & will happily publish an individual screen shot of the relevant parts sufficient for the OP to understand what is being said / happening / missing etc.
IF I want to do the same then I have to find the diagram on Parts tree, Jacks , Pro parts etc etc etc then post a link to a site that like the JD parts look up could change every couple of years so those links go dead over time.
And for me it is a big problem as a lot of makers data archives are geo-locked under agreements with the local franchisor who wants the information only available to their dealers.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
One my pet peeves is all this DIYers fixing mowers for others and not paying any income taxes on that work where I do.

nxslt1

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is a website on the interwebs for billions of people to see. It's not locked away for only the elite to use but whatever.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is a website on the interwebs for billions of people to see. It's not locked away for only the elite to use but whatever.
Yes the site is an open one for now. But here many sites are blocked; unless, I use Tor to access them. Also they can easily put the regional lock down on that site at any time.

For some reason even places like Autozone and Oreillys when I try accessing through Firefox are blocked. So I just access them through the Dark Web.program I have here. And I buy from these two vendors on a regular base as I have tax exempt accounts with them.

But there reasons I guard my sources, I just don't want some corporation taking them down. Here I am already losing parts of the Zama website because of Stihl dealer only policy. Parts that I used to buy through my Zama distributor are no longer available; unless, I go through China which takes up to a month to get the parts. Even the Hong Kong website is now down. It takes orders but they are never processed. This is after Stihl brought Zama and it has taken me over a year to find replacement resources. Some items I will probably never have access to again. Even the local Stihl dealer can't get them.

There also have been several other sites that have been taken down by corporate lawyers which have made my job a lot harder to do. Even the local JD parts website no longer allows me to check the local dealers inventory so I no longer know which has the parts in stock. So the local dealers don't get the parts sales like they did in the past. Its their way of milking another $20 out of the part sales. Well they don't get it that easy.

Besides there are people that should never have wrench in their hands as they only rig stuff instead actually repairing it. It is like the Husqvarna chainsaw I just repaired where some idiot removed the complete chain brake system because they couldn't figure out how to reset it. Yes it takes a special tool to reset it easily which I had made. If the idiot had only removed the brake band it would had not cost so much to repair but he gutted the whole system. Or the idiot that bypasses safety switches just because they are too cheap to buy the parts. Then I have to repair the system because he destroyed the ignition coil or when the mower took out the side of his wife's new car. Yes he did it twice. His wife sold his tools afterwards and won't let him any where near the lawn mower. Or the idiot that tried repairing his kid's ATV after getting an estimate from my shop. I should have never listed the parts on the estimate. He gave up trying to fix it and brought it back for me to fix. During the retest the engine fired and I had a foot race to catch it before went out into the highway. Of course I charged extra for saving the ATV. Ever since I keep the drive axles off the ground; unless, I know things haven't been monkeyed with. It the same with other equipment too. I have too check and repair the safeties on a lot of equipment where the systems have been hacked. A lot time that I shouldn't have to waste because of idiots.

Even the JD 445 I am working on, the owner was too cheap to replace a plug wire. He spent extra time rigging up a screw on the old plug wire when all he had to do was to screw in a new $1 lead but now I got the replace the $20 coil too.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Even the JD 445 I am working on, the owner was too cheap to replace a plug wire. He spent extra time rigging up a screw on the old plug wire when all he had to do was to screw in a new $1 lead but now I got the replace the $20 coil too.
$17 for a 20ft roll of plug wire from stens (on scAmazon), that's what 85 cents a foot....

Status
Not open for further replies.