Kawasaki spec number

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxslt1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a kawasaki engine out of a John Deere gator I'm rebuilding but the spec number doesn't show up on any parts site. Anybody ever ran into this problem? I basically need an entire rotating assembly plus seals and gaskets but hate to buy it not knowing if something has changed from one spec number to the next. It's an FE290D BS28. Any advice on if the parts would be the same?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
JD has exclusive parts supply for any Kawasaki engine used on their equipment. May be other brands also but they are standard Kawasaki parts used on their other engines, but you will not find a spec number from Kawasaki used on JD equipment. A lot of the time you can look up a similar spec and get that part number and it will be the correct part for your engine. Keeping in mind JD will sometimes use parts that were not used on another engine within that series. Easier route maybe to go to JD and get parts.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
JD has exclusive parts supply for any Kawasaki engine used on their equipment. May be other brands also but they are standard Kawasaki parts used on their other engines, but you will not find a spec number from Kawasaki used on JD equipment.
Plain BS. I have no problem looking up the JD Kawasaki engines. You just don't know where to look which is what JD wants you to fall for. Only a very few parts are not available from Kawasaki. Most Kawasaki engines I repair are on JD equipment and I don't buy the parts from JD. Matter of fact I got a Kawasaki fuel pump and carburetor parts coming in Wednesday for the FD440-AS00 on the JD LX178 from my Kawasaki distributor.

I got the head and valves for the FH661V-AS04 engine on the 737 I repaired a few weeks ago. JD wanted $226.91 for it but I got it through my distributor for $174 So I actually sold the head to customer for $195. Made a decent profit and saved the customer money too. Of course there were valves, stems seals, and gaskets are not part of the $195 but I pass along similar savings to customer.

Then of there was the FH601V-FS14, FX730-AS20, and PA540A-BS02 eariler this year that I also got parts for from Kawasaki.

OP, No problem here looking up that engine. Can you put together a list of parts you are wanting?, and I can get the Kawasaki PNs for you. I know you need the head gasket, crankcase cover gasket (oil pan) and the two crankshaft oil seals but what else are you wanting? Are you actually wantng the crankshaft, rod, and piston?

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Plain BS. Only a very few parts are not available from Kawasaki. Most Kawasaki engines I repair are on JD equipment and I don't buy the parts from JD. Matter of fact I got a Kawasaki fuel pump and carburetor parts coming in Wednesday for a engine on the JD LX178 from my Kawasaki distributor.

I got the head and valves for the engine on the 737 I repaired a few weeks ago. JD wanted $226.91 for it but I got it through my distributor for $174 So I actually sold the head to customer for $195. Made a decent profit and saved the customer money too. Of course there were valves, stems seals, and gaskets are not part of the $195 but I pass along similar savings to customer.

OP, No problem here looking up that engine. Can you put together a list of parts you are wanting?, and I can get the Kawasaki PNs for you. I know you need the head gasket, crankcase cover gasket (oil pan) and the two crankshaft oil seals but what else are you wanting? Are you actually wantng the crankshaft, rod, and piston?
I didn't say that you couldn't get the parts from Kawasaki. What I am saying is your will not find a FE290D-BS28 in the Kawasaki parts lookup system. I did a poor job of trying to explain that.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I didn't say that you couldn't get the parts from Kawasaki. What I am saying is your will not find a FE290D-BS28 in the Kawasaki parts lookup system. I did a poor job of trying to explain that.
Still BS as I can find it on the Kawasaki system. Here is a partial screen shot.
1629201565604.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
and here is another couple examples from the Kawasaki site without the Cylinder/Crankcase line drawing as its watermark reveals my source.
1629202841253.png
1629202548031.png

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
When I put FE290D-BS28 into the kawasakienginesusa website for parts lookup I get no record found. And you gave me your source anyway.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then all I can say is you are using the wrong site...

Got to go my Gardner sales rep is on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.