John Deere ZTRak 375 Battery Charging issues

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Berts you are just seeing things wrong because you are in the wrong hemisphere where the electromagnetic currents run backwards. In America (TM) they wouldn't sell a meter with three decimals of precision unless it had three decimals of accuracy! 11.234 V means just that, not 11.233 or 11.235. In Chinesium We Trust!
So does 11.234 mean your battery is any better than mine that reads 11.2 ? :devilish:
And it is real fun when I reply so the battery is only reading 11.2 that is way too low and most come back with NO IT IS 11,234 as if the 0.034 actually meant some thing.
I had one galah who was giving me grief because the coil resistance was low so I told him to push harder on the probes and tell me what the DVM read
After a couple or readings it went up enough to read in spec so I finished off with "There you go you have fixed it " and hung up .

Threads
Ok final update on the voltage regulator on my ZTrak. The JD dealer replaced it under warranty!it also received the winter special with new oil, lube, blades sharpened and new fuel filter, which is why I am writing back. When I winterized the mower I placed fuel stabilizer in the tank and ran the engine for 5 minutes according to the directions. I looked down at the new fuel filter and noticed it was empty. how is that possible with the engine continuing to operate? I could’ve swore before it went into service I could see the filter was filled with gas. Sorry for this question but what I saw seems strange.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Depending upon which filter was fittted the outlet could be anywhere from the very edge of the canister to the furthest edge of the element
Thus when fitted vertically with the outlet side up you get an airlock.
When a customer whinges about that I simply fit the filter backwards.
Makes no difference to the operation which way the fuel flows, there are no check valves
Right way pound & the curd is on the outside of the element where you can see it
Wrong way round and the crud is on the inside where you can not see it easily.
If it really urks you you can fill the filter upside down to remove the air bubble then cap the end with your finger while you fit it to the hoses ( easier said than done )

Threads
Thank you for that reply but how does that account for the clear plastic showin as empty? How is the fuel getting to the carburetor?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Because it is not empty, it just looks that way.
Note the colour of the paper filter, it will be darker because it is wet with fuel
You might need a strong light & magnifier to see the fuel but it is in there .