John Deere Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Threads
Looks like the younger brother to my old SP21. Those things just won't quit.

Looks like a nice mower you have. I was kinda curious if a briggs would bolt on this deck if the need ever arises.

kyler13

Forum Newbie
Threads
First time tractor owner here. Just picked up an E120. My lawn is a little under half-acre and while it was doable with a push mower, it has just been too time consuming. Just leveled my deck today and switched to mulching blades.

wingnut1955

Threads
GREETINGS to all John Deere mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other John Deere owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for John Deere mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool John Deere stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

I have a jd 212 its a 1980 model with 47 inch deck. it runs good it painted it black because I had a case of black paint it will be painted eventully. it runs good getting it going has been fun and it mows great

Colonel54

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a jd 212 its a 1980 model with 47 inch deck. it runs good it painted it black because I had a case of black paint it will be painted eventully. it runs good getting it going has been fun and it mows great

For shame painting a JD Black.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dad had a 212, put about a million hours on that machine, then rebuilt the Kohler and put another million on it. Mowed 5 or 6 acres in summer and hauled wood in the winter. Still running ok but he decided to go hydro and got a 445 with power everything. Back when men were men and Deeres were Deeres.

Banzai!

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently bought an old 21 inch Silver Deck push mower with the Kawasaki engine and 5 speed self propelled transmission. The drive worked but the clutch cable came off at the linkage under the mower. Looks like an early style cable with the spring on the bottom. After re-attaching it to the shoulder bolt on the linkage, the drive no longer engages. Seems adjusted properly, no tension when released, and when you engage the clutch bail it rotates the unit backward and drives the input pulley. It just has no drive at the axle or wheels. The shift lever will select all 5 gears (detents) while stationary. Is this correct? didn't seem to want to shift when not moving before the cable came off.

land_owner

Threads
Active User in Scag Forum and have acquired a Deere D110 for the homestead. Nice mower and the Spousal Unit likes to mow with it, except the mower drive belt keeps coming off. I have posted about this in the Deere Forum. So will look for answers there. Thanx.

Scott518

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all. Just joined the forum today. I'm on my second JD riding mower. First one I bought in 2005 L110 (I think) that I loved. Sold it to a friend in 2011 when I was moving and didn't think I'd need a riding mower. Two years later I bought a house on a one acre lot. Bought a old Craftsman on Craigslist that blew the engine in three months. Sucked it up and bought my Z255. This mower is awesome and it cut mowing time by about 40%. It was a bit of a learning curve especially navigating turns while on a grade, but it really gets the job done.

wingnut1955

Threads
I have had several jd lawn tractors over the years I presently have a 212 I am using it runs great

hmacken1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just joined. L120 mower with a push mower size lawn!