John Deere Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Rockfarmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the site!

Hi Im Brenainn. I build big bore custom Stihl saws, repair lots of snowblowers and build 100 Series John Deere mowers. I like the 100 series 86-90 and stick to those only. Ive built or rebuilt maybe a dozen. Its a hobby I love. For work Im a union bricklayer but I grew up on a farm and fixing small engines is my fun time!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Do you grow big rocks or little rocks :laughing:

Some one with your skill set will be very welcome on a site like this.

Kjcspencer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello to all, Kevin from Indiana here. Just got an LT166 (1999) and am going to use site to do a little research as previous owner had no documentation. Will spend some time looking around to learn a little more about the tractor. LT166.jpg

Colonel54

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello from NH. I go by the name Colonel, I am a retired Army, I that grew up on a farm using John Deere Tractors, I have two Garden tractors I use around my house for yard work I will post pictures of them later.

D

Deleted member 97405

Hi all, I am Will from West Virginia, originally Pennsylvania. I have worked at a Deere dealership in the lawn mower shop since I graduated high school in 1998. I also own several John Deere mowers, including the 1964 110 that my great grandfather bought brand new, and I still mow grass with it! I am here to share my knowledge, help people out, and hopefully learn from others as well!

PaulT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

My name is Paul. I am a retired farmer and live in Grand Forks, ND. I rent my land to a neighbor but I still have a farmstead to maintain. Currently, I have a 7' Bushhog for ditch and rough cutting (three point mount on a JD 4020), a 48" 'walk behind' 13hp Honda Commercial mower, and a Honda push mower.

I am looking to replace/retire the Honda with a ZTR. The Honda has a geared transmission and 1st is just too darn slow and 2nd is too often too fast the conditions and if more than the engine can handle. (and gears 3 and 4 are useless). Other than the poor gearing, the Honda is a sturdy machine and I will keep it rough cutting.

Threads
I got this old green deck 12sb a while back, got it running decent. Mows great. Cant get the mulch cover to seal right on the bag chute though.
20190705_172257.jpg

Colonel54

Forum Newbie
Threads
Took me a while but here are my tractors

IMG_4882.JPG

IMG_4886.JPG

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now those are real John Deere machines! Hooah.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got this old green deck 12sb a while back, got it running decent. Mows great. Cant get the mulch cover to seal right on the bag chute though.
View attachment 44898

Looks like the younger brother to my old SP21. Those things just won't quit.