John Deere (36 inch Rototiller) Pulley

Like you said, without seeing it, the only thing that was different was the side lips were a bit shorter and was thinking that, when not engaged, the belts may slip off. It may come down to, trying it on, and hoping for the best. Thank you bertsmobile1.
 
I don't know for sure, but there is a very tiny number on the pulley, but it's on the bearing, so i don't know if that would help or not? I'm thinking that it might be just the bearing number.......
 
William that is just the bearing part number.

Well, Bert if it was a poisonous snake the model number would bitten you by now as the OP did post the model number. It is in plain sight.

William it is JD PN AM118473.
 
We must be on different planets because the part No you listed brings this up from the JD spares page which does not appear to be a pulley.
 AM118473.jpg

And the results for F033J420911M were not all that enlightening either.  F033J420911M.jpg

So obviously you know something about it that I don't but I am always willing to learn.
As for snakes there is a reason why I wear loose heavy cotton coveralls around the workshop.
 
Last edited:
First with even those pants a snake can crawl up them. I know I had one this summer that went up my work pants leg before I could move out the way. I was laying under a mower at the time and it came out the frame. I was lucky that it was a non poisonous one. Still got my heart pumping rather fast.

Bert you just got to know how to read the serial number posted. As the tiller is a model 33 Tractor-Mounted Tiller.

And yes I am on a different planet. It just in the sweet spot of Earth orbit where you cant see it. Here is a map of Torland.
1638024346135.png

Here is the JD model search results.

1638023681826.png

The reason you not finding the part as expected it is a supersede PN of the original PN AM31705 that was superseded to AM34985 and then superseded again to AM118473 which requires bushing PN N189096. It also can be replaced with JD PN AN152951 but overall OD is just 3.25" and with 2.75" flat diameter.

Oh well got to go to work as it is now above freezing here. I got another crappy Chinese clone engine to figure how to fix since the OEM doesn't provide repair parts. Doesn't help when the customer has taken it apart. Spend half a day putting it back together just to find out what is wrong with it.
 
Last edited:
Rivets will work but they have to be hot sets
High tensile bolts with high ensile washers under both the head & nut work if you punch the threads to prevent them undoing
Welding does not work and is very hard too balance the pulley afterwards
I have done it for pulleys that are unavailable but it is a bigger job than most would think
On that pulley it would be at least 2 hours work .
 
First with even those pants a snake can crawl up them. I know I had one this summer that went up my work pants leg before I could move out the way. I was laying under a mower at the time and it came out the frame. I was lucky that it was a non poisonous one. Still got my heart pumping rather fast.
There is a good reason why I lift mowers and work on them seated at a comfortable height.

I thought I had tries every which way with that number but lesson has been learned although I doubt I will need it but it is good to know.
I don't actually work on any real tractors other than the landlords Inters & Olivers so JD model number formats are not top in my mind.
 
William that is just the bearing part number.

Well, Bert if it was a poisonous snake the model number would bitten you by now as the OP did post the model number. It is in plain sight.

William it is JD PN AM118473.
Star Tech, I just order that pulley, it looks exactly like the one that i have, we'll see when it gets here...... Thank You.
 
Back
Top