IS700Z - Iridium plugs FYI

SirMowzalot

Threads
Simple reply. Do you truly believe that this guy is spouting facts, which apply to all products of a particular brand? I would have thought that a person as intelligent as you profess could find a better source to base your assumptions on. I can understand why you post assumptions based on opinions. The two of you then must subscribe to the theory that everything you see and read on the internet is absolutely fact and true. Should I then assume you are a paid spokesman for NKG? No, because I’m a little smarter than a spark plug And at least one other person n this planet.
I didn't get that information from Scotty. I searched for a video on the subject because I was tired of responding. The Champion thing is fairly common knowledge, as is the difference between standard, platinum, and iridium plugs. I can't even believe I'm engaged in this nonsense to tell you the truth. But I'll tell ya what, it ends now.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And everyone must remember that things you find while searching the internet are absolutely accurate, fact and true. Never doubt them. Why stop now, this is entertaining and I haven’t had this much fun since I retired from the classroom.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
the difference between standard, platinum, and iridium plugs
So what is this difference all about? Please explain how these benefit a mower engine?

In a mower engine, they will oil/fuel foul long before the gap wears negating the need for platinum and iridium plugs. Standard copper is more than enough. Been around for decades in millions of vehicles.

slomo

SirMowzalot

Threads
So what is this difference all about? Please explain how these benefit a mower engine?

In a mower engine, they will oil/fuel foul long before the gap wears negating the need for platinum and iridium plugs. Standard copper is more than enough. Been around for decades in millions of vehicles.

slomo
Well let me ask you a question. What happens when you adjust the air/fuel mixture limiting the fuel going into the cylinder to accommodate a colder plug?

I'll answer to save time. You decrease horsepower. You know how everyone says the 27hp Briggs engine really isn't 27? Well it sure isn't if you cut the fuel to accommodate cooler plugs. Using a hotter plug, such as a platinum or iridium, will enable you to feed more gas to the cylinder thereby increasing horsepower.

This is not rocket science. It's the basic physics of the combustion engine. We done yet?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No. Let me get this straight. To get more horsepower from an engine you need to add more fuel and run a hotter plug. That means if I use a colder plug and decrease the amount of fuel I put in a cyLinder, I may lose a little horsepower, but will save money. In the push mower and lawn tractor, plus most other small engine equipment, I doubt most consumers would notice a difference and they would be saving money. That’s the reason they shouldn’t have their equipment serviced by a trained technician, right. Now I have a question for you. With the vast majority of today’s small engines using non adjustable carbs, do I have to spend more money on an adjustable carb? Or do I have to have the jets punched in the carbs I now have by a trained technician, who you say are just trying to get more money from me? I think I’ll just stick to the spark plug which the engine manufacturer says will work best for the engine I have and not spend more money. Wait a minute, what am I saying? I’m a trained technician and doing that will be taking money out of my pocket. To all the DIY guys out there, disregard what I’m saying, as I’ve get some adjustable carbs and know how to punch carbs with my micro drills. I now have learned how to get more money from your pocket. Glad they reopened this thread, as I’ve learned how to make more money today.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well let me ask you a question. What happens when you adjust the air/fuel mixture limiting the fuel going into the cylinder to accommodate a colder plug?

I'll answer to save time. You decrease horsepower. You know how everyone says the 27hp Briggs engine really isn't 27? Well it sure isn't if you cut the fuel to accommodate cooler plugs. Using a hotter plug, such as a platinum or iridium, will enable you to feed more gas to the cylinder thereby increasing horsepower.

This is not rocket science. It's the basic physics of the combustion engine. We done yet?
Most mowers can't decrease the fuel mix.

Decreasing fuel to accommodate a colder plug makes no sense in a mower.

Adding fuel doesn't increase hp. If the ratio gets too fat you lose hp. Leaner is meaner as the old saying goes.

Plat and Irid plugs are not hotter. Sure you can buy a hotter heat range if you want. Those precious metals have nothing to do with heat range.

Apparently we are not done yet.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Still waiting to see your plugs sirmowzalot. So far you have proved nothing. Post up some pictures of your new plugs.

slomo