Is this Toro a good find or not?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wondering about the engine mainly. Guessing parts for these old 2 smokers are long gone? No doubt in their day, these were top of the line engines right? What do you guys think?

11.jpg

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tis true on the machine numbers. Just curious if we have any Suzuki fans on here. Still guessing replacement parts are all gone.

slomo

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've got one. Had it since new, about 1984. It has a huge amount of endplay in the crankshaft and knocks like it's going to fly apart.

Born2Mow

Threads
Just curious if we have any Suzuki fans on here. Still guessing replacement parts are all gone.
I worked on Sukuki's for awhile..... back in the early 70's !! They were actually the leader in 2-stroke technology back then.

The saying was... "You meet the nicest people on a Honda, but you get more nookie on a Suzuki !!"

Hope that works out for you. :ROFLMAO:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most parts for those engine may still be available, as they were great mules. A sugar cube now and then will keep them happy. Still looking for engine numbers?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
But sit down before you get the price for carb prices.
The Mikuni's were top shelf carbs in their day and the price reflects the quality.

And like a lot of things,
Honda copied that tag line from BSA who used it to advertise the Bantam range in the 60's by which time the 1948 design had just about reached it's limits

mmoffitt

Threads
I've got one. Had it since new, about 1984. It has a huge amount of endplay in the crankshaft and knocks like it's going to fly apart.
Run it till it goes!

Born2Mow

Threads
Honda copied that tag line from BSA who used it to advertise the Bantam range in the 60's...
Did someone say BSA Bantam ??

DlGTMMGh.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did someone say BSA Bantam ??

DlGTMMGh.jpg

That is a nice pair of D1 tank decals
Although they might be a tad on the too brittle side to stretch around the curvature of the fuel tank by now.
I would have though on this forum you would be more familiar with the Harley Pup ( same bike ).
I suppose I will now have to go through the files to find the add .

Last edited: