Is this safe? A better way?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am surprised the government doesn't require a fire safety team be on hand to change a fuel filter. LOL.
As a contractor at Wright patterson AFB if i wanted to use a soldering iron i was supposed to inform base safety, cordon off a safe area with caution tape and have a fire extinguisher with me. I can't believe how long this thread is to get a hose off a filter. Never put that much thought i to something that usually takes 15 seconds.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I am surprised the government doesn't require a fire safety team be on hand to change a fuel filter. LOL.
As a contractor at Wright patterson AFB if i wanted to use a soldering iron i was supposed to inform base safety, cordon off a safe area with caution tape and have a fire extinguisher with me. I can't believe how long this thread is to get a hose off a filter. Never put that much thought i to something that usually takes 15 seconds.
I surprise they didn't a fire truck with the hose ready. Boy talk about throwing common sense out the door.

tosh

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've spent plenty of money on replacement fuel lines in recent years trying to find something flexible at low temps and most of all resistant to Ethanol. Most recently I've used TYGON tubing, which is a modified PVC of some kind. So far I've found it to be very good although it's expensive. Because it remains flexible and non hardening (at least so far) it's easier to install and remove from filters, carb and tank fittings etc. Available in several diameters and lengths on-line. I've bought in 10' lengths and used the stuff for about a year. Made in Canada!

Smithsonite

Threads
If you want line that lasts forever - and I mean FOREVER, with ethanol or regular gas, get Tygothane / Versilon (the name changed a few years back) formulation C-210-A. Thank me in 10 years when your lines are still soft and flexy.

I've tried the fluorescent-colored Tygon in the past. It sucked. Hard as a rock in 2 seasons.