Is there a Kawasaki Engine Shortage in the states ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is healthy for people to express opinions just so long as it does not become violent.
Suppression leads to resentment & anger, some thing that most forums administrators fail to understand.
I for one have no political affiliations & vote each year on the platform presented regardless of which parts is presenting it .
Also I care not on the politics of people who post or make comments.
You are either right or wrong and your political affilations do not change that fact.
If some one whats to disregard everything I post because in their mind I am a communist then that is their tough luck, I don't care .
I for one did not like almost everything that President Trump did or even said, but I fully understand why so many Americans did like him because he was not a typical party clone politican.
The only thing that got on my goat was the amount of media time he was given down here , which was more than all 3 local governments got every day .
If I wanted to know what he was posting on twitter or face book then I would join twitter & face book .
But that probably reflects more on poor quality of Australian media than American politics.

The down side is politics actually affects everything we do weather we want it to or not so pretending it does not exist does not work.
The only reason why I am here fixing mowers is because I lost the $ 270,000 I had invested in a retirement wedding car business due to the political ideology of a federal government we had 12 years ago & the fiscal imbalance we have between the Federal , State & Local governments .
What I find amusing is some people think that the President actually runs the country where is reality it is the hedge funds / investment funds / pension funds who are really in control

Beamster

Threads
Can't only blame presidents; it's the US mentality. We always specified domestic steel for our construction projects. Ever think we ever got it? No! It's the "save a dime at whatever the cost" mentality.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Can't only blame presidents; it's the US mentality. We always specified domestic steel for our construction projects. Ever think we ever got it? No! It's the "save a dime at whatever the cost" mentality.
hit the Nail on the head.
I'd happily pay more for something made in the states that is durable and will hold up like it claims to... which is why i've been getting my socks from the Railroad sock company.... beats the snot of hanes or fruit of the loom.. don't have to worry about the heel pulling out while putting them on. or the arch tearing while walking and bending. Comfortable too.

wekjo

Threads
Seems a friend in GA was trying to get a Scag with Kawasaki power, he waited a month & the dealer finally told ,they are having trouble getting Kawi engines at this time.
Anyhow, wondering if anyone else has heard of this ?

TIA..
You know last week I was at a Simplicity dealer in Portsmouth, Ohio they had a showroom full of high end mowers. Then
Monday I was at a Simplicity dealer in Beaver, Ohio and their showroom was empty. They tell me they have been advised no new mowers for another year. Suppose the tariffs have done to engines what they did to Canadian wood, which is why the wood price has tripled; and only rich folks can build. A genius business-man once said, when the tariffs were imposed, trade wars are easy to win and they don't last very long. Also said COVID would "just go away". If there was an American company which could make engines, they would be cleaning up now. However short-sightedness drove that business away. Makes no sense to protect a business which is already gone.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What I have been fighting in the repair business here is so-called OEMs creating unique PN for parts that are buying from their competitors . Right now I got a Snapper mower which built by Briggs that is actually a Husqvarna in Snapper disguise. The customer broke the PTO engagement assembly and Briggs is wanting a small fortune for it. Since I figured out which Craftsman model it is otherwise I can buy the part for nearly $30 less and still make the same amount of profit while saving the customer money too. I did the same thing last year when it needed a spindle, idler pulleys, and blade brakes.

Another company that is bad about hiding PN is JD when it comes to the Kawasaki engines but found a way around that too.

Rick42wood

Threads
There is a shortage of everything. My local Husqvarna dealer has been waiting for 12 ride ons since March. He can’t get chainsaws either. Husqvarna has no idea when they will be able to supply. We have been waiting for a dryer and range from Maytag since December and now they have shut down their factory until at least September. Builders can’t get any appliances or bathroom fixtures from anywhere. There is also a shortage of plastic pipe because manufacturers can’t get the raw materials they need.

beerslayer12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Started with the previous administration having a trade war with China so China stopped supplying assemblies to USA factories.
So lots of stuff that is made locally could not be made because the company that used to make the cords for Milwaukee for instance closed down
Now Milwaukee can not make products but Harbour Freight can get complete Chinese copies of these tools for next to nothing.
Chinese companies play the long game.
Add to that a lot of warehouses , distributors & retailers who have taken a battering from the on line "retailers" who drop ship after you have paid for the goods that they don't have are taking the oppertunity to do the same so don't place orders on the factories till they have substantial numbers of prepaid back orders .
And then along came covid 19 .
Unlike the rest of the world Oz had not done any nationwide lockdowns, just individual regions ( I am currently locked down for 2 weeks ) yet there is nothing available from here either .
theres some interesting info u provide here i recently ordered some seals for pressure washer and minor briggs engine part online and both seemed to ship but then just stop . no further tracking available i was fully refunded but it put a dent in some of my scheduling of repairing the items . does this sound sorta like the situation u describe above?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
theres some interesting info u provide here i recently ordered some seals for pressure washer and minor briggs engine part online and both seemed to ship but then just stop . no further tracking available i was fully refunded but it put a dent in some of my scheduling of repairing the items . does this sound sorta like the situation u describe above?
I got a similar problem with a Hustler part out of Florida. Supposedly been sitting the Fla post office as being received but pending acceptance. If I don't hear anything positive by the end of the day I will be asking for a full refund. At least I paid by Paypal. Contacting https://www.hustlerlawnmowerparts.com is getting nowhere. I got so fustrated about getting the part I just made it in house. At least it is one that don't take expert to make.
1625072501828.png