Is there a Kawasaki Engine Shortage in the states ?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nearest new car dealership to me, Ford, looks like a cheesy used car lot. Very few cars at all and if there's a new car or truck on the lot, I overlooked it.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Nearest new car dealership to me, Ford, looks like a cheesy used car lot. Very few cars at all and if there's a new car or truck on the lot, I overlooked it.
Microchip shortage

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I figured out a long time ago who was Anti-Trump here.
How's your boy Biden doing? When will the depression begin?
Well personally they all are a bunch lairs and I hate lairs.

And now it looks a whole bunch of spoiled brats fighting each other. And the Republicans has made it clear they are not going to agree to anything unless it is all their way instead of meeting half way on anything. They said so much publicly on camera. With this attitude our government is at a standstill if it is not backing up now. Everytime the Democrats gives a little trying meet half way what does the Republicans do? They cut their offer even more. As long this goes on we are never get anywhere on anything. American government just looks like a bunch fools right now and probably will for the foreseeable future. They need to stop the petty bickering. Keep it up guys and we will like the Middle East before long.

Personally I don't give a da** who is in office as long they do their da** job.

Enough ranting on my part as it just goes in one ear and out the other ear anyway as some poeple are so stubborn they no what happens they are not going to change. I have dump good paying customers because of their attitudes and I am better off without them.

As far the OEMs dragging their feet, this why I just got a box hardware from McMaster this afternoon.as I refuse to pay $2.79 ea for a screw that I can get for $0.244 ea just because MTD think they are so special. Also I wasn't going to pay Briggs $3 ea for the o-rings. I did order JIS nuts as I was needing the extra mm of clearance on the muffler mounts.
1624988986821.png

Lawn Addict
Threads
Called my Toro Dealer & my New Scag Dealer & asked about the Kawi engines.

They both had similar answers, stating more mower brands are wanting the Kawi engines & the demand has surpassed the supply, for certain engines.

That's my 02 anyhow.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is a problem when you have voluntary voting so the parties have to whip up their followers into frenzied belief in order to get them off their bums & down to the polling booth.
Thus you end up with 3 factions in the population
two who believe more strongly than the most artent religios biggots that their side is the manifestion of the almightly and the other side is the spawn of satan .
The third are the dissenfranchised, bored who don't give a wrinkled rats rectum which "colour" their county , state or country is .
The major parties like this type of system because you need hundreds of millions to convince people to vote for you which locks minor parties out of the electorial system .
Countries with 3 or 4 large parties tend to have better governance than strait 2 party countries because of the possibility of the 3rd or 4th keeping one of the majors out of government for a very long time .
And you don't get much in the way of bribes & kick backs when in opposition.
The 2 major parties down here conspired to destroy the larger 3rd party ( oddly enough called the Democrats ) about 30 years ago and every administration we have had since then was trash

Lawn Addict
Threads
If I could delete this thread, I would. I wasn't trying to start WW III.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Called my Toro Dealer & my New Scag Dealer & asked about the Kawi engines.

They both had similar answers, stating more mower brands are wanting the Kawi engines & the demand has surpassed the supply, for certain engines.

That's my 02 anyhow.
You also have to see this in the contex of the B & S Bankruptcy.
Almost no OEM factory specified B & S engines for this years production because B & S was bankrupt & could not guarantee supply
Kohler are already fully booked as obviously is Kawakasi
So either they just have to wait for local engines or do a deal with a foreign supplier.
However you can not just phone Loncin, Ducar , Luffan etc and put an order in for 20,000 engines with your company logo on the blower housing.
These sort of supply deals take a few years to nut out so lots of factories have been caught out and that was before Covid hit & disrupted everything.
THe Obama administration gave B & S a lot of money to bring more engine making in shore so they closed down the Japanese factory that made the Vanguards and moved it Stateside.
Then of cause filed, and closed down the Wisconsin plants before the New York plants were in full production.
So almost no B & S engines , thus where a model would normally have 3 engine options this season there are only 2 and neither Kohler nor Kawakasi have the capacity to replace all of the B & S engines in a single season.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If I could delete this thread, I would. I wasn't trying to start WW III.
You haven't start a war. We are just discussing how things are and why we are having so much problems. And how everything is interrelated to each other. The problem is that politics do come into play as it is truly part of the problem we are now facing with our part and equipment supply problems. The tariff war didn't help things then came along this Covid-19 virus which just made everything a lot worst. Companies are failing all over the place.

Personally this is making running an one person repair shop right now is very hard as I don't even know if tomorrow or month later I can get the same parts as I did today. I got customers screaming bloody murder because I can't get the parts for two year old mowers.

And Bert has hit the nail on the head per say as everyone is avoiding Briggs like the plague. Their price increases on parts doesn't help either as they are trying to make up their losses off us that does the repair work.

I got one distributor that keeps complaing about how Covid is affecting and that they are so overloaded causing parts delays. Wel lI just gave a 6 month pause on supplying my company parts so they can catch up. I done found other suppliers that can take up their slack at about the same prices.