Is anyone getting ready for winter?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think I will buy a snow shovel.
We have not has even one hot day this summer. I think we going to have a cold winter with some snow.

It should be on the high 90s now and we have not got out of the 80s.

I hate snow and there is no need for it.

gfp55

Threads
I hate snow and there is no need for it.

I hate snow also with all the cold and stuff, But if it did not snow in the north and then melt in the spring and flow into the rivers we would have some very dry places in this country. You must remember the drought some time back, no water for the lawns, lakes and rivers levels were very low, hydro generation plants putting out less electricity, etc. We need snow whether we like it or not. And there is money to be made when it snows. "But thats just me"

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
What do yall do in Florida for the winter time? Since it doesn't snow lol I'm trying to get some ideas, I pressure wash a little bit.

I don't know where in Florida you are or if you are but we mowed lawn all winter. Always have people calling to have lawns mowed. It slows down and it's not like summer but we stay busy. There's also plenty of mulch work.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, I'm thinking of getting ready for winter. I'll be ordering a load of propane in a couple of months.

zmister11

Threads
I don't know where in Florida you are or if you are but we mowed lawn all winter. Always have people calling to have lawns mowed. It slows down and it's not like summer but we stay busy. There's also plenty of mulch work.

I live in tampa fl. Mulching is a good idea, thanks

DK35vince

Threads
I plow using my 35 HP Kioti tractor, with a 9' power angle front blade and 7' rear blade.
I will wait till Nov. to put the chains and snowblade on.

Attachments

• HPIM1281.JPG
    HPIM1281.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 27

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Up here in NH we start getting ready now. Need to check my plows, sanders, and dump trucks to see if the are in proper working condition. give my snow mowers a tune up. Start buying sand and salt.

God I hate salt!!!!

But still make some good $ during winter

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I don't like waiting until winter is here before I get my snow removal equipment ready. How about you all in the snow belt states? Do you wait and make the mad dash after the snow flies or do you have your machines ready and waiting? Maybe you could share your ideas and tricks that you do to get the job done.

Ready and waiting...

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Changing the oil and shoes on my snowblower soon, then I'm pretty much ready. I also need to go look for some new snow shovels right when they come out because I needed them last year after I really wore them down and they were no where to be found after a snowstorm!! :rolleyes:

Got to change the oil and belt in one of the Ariens.