Is anyone getting ready for winter?

gfp55

Threads
I don't like waiting until winter is here before I get my snow removal equipment ready. How about you all in the snow belt states? Do you wait and make the mad dash after the snow flies or do you have your machines ready and waiting? Maybe you could share your ideas and tricks that you do to get the job done.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have been using a snow blower for the last many years. I find that blowing snow I get a lot of snow blown into my face. So this year I bought a snow blade for my ATV. Don't know how well it will work compared to the blowing snow but will find out???

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't do snow removal but in my area we quit mowing in October and normally don't do snow until December/January. Lots of time to get ready.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
What do you lawn care professionals do when it's the off season if you do not also clear snow? Do you have another job or source of income during the winter or do you simply take the winter off?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Almost everyone does snow removal but we don't get much snow here. 25" a year average. I on the other hand am a Network Engineer by trade and mow nights and weekends to clear my head of all the crap I do during the day. I also work on Cars, lawnmowers, and anything else I can get my hands on.

mowerman05

Threads
snow equipment was put away ready to use. Glass installer by trade, mow nights and weekends. little snow removal but mostly Ebay in the winter

Threads
Changing the oil and shoes on my snowblower soon, then I'm pretty much ready. I also need to go look for some new snow shovels right when they come out because I needed them last year after I really wore them down and they were no where to be found after a snowstorm!! :rolleyes:

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I'm ready just checked to make sure the heater in my truck worked. is that what you meant?

Av8r

Threads
Been splitting and stacking wood for next year. Already moved wood to house for this season.

zmister11

Threads
What do yall do in Florida for the winter time? Since it doesn't snow lol I'm trying to get some ideas, I pressure wash a little bit.