I drove a gravely for the 1st time today

bkeller500

Threads
I just replaced a John Deere tractor X-590 with a Simplicity Courier XT and the 4-corner shock are a big help. On the same lawn and the ride is a little smoother and fewer jolts for sure. The cut is so much better from the Simplicity deck too.!

Lawn Addict
Threads
(y)

gamma_ray

Threads
I've seen a few ztr's with springs on the front casters. And wondered if they helped? Or were just just to keep the wheels on the ground?
Since most of the weight is in the back, I bet they would be mostly to maintain front wheel to ground contact, like you say. Who knows though, they may help with the bone-jarring!

gamma_ray

Threads
One I couldn't pass up. So good, I left my girlfriend to move here.

This is the kind of crap I was running into in east Texas. $750 per month.
View attachment 58780
Wow, last year we had trouble keeping renters in a two-bedroom home with a large covered deck and fully fenced-in yard in N. Louisiana for $650/mo.

Finally sold the place.

SamB

Threads
Are you sure about that? Just to double check, I went out and looked at the two riders I have, and both seats are directly over the rear tires. And the only cushion is the seat, seat spring and tires. While most of the ztr's seats are a tad bit in front of the drive tires.
So true. My mistake. Tractor-style mowers do indeed have their seats over or even a bit behind the rear axle line. Opps! Only my Snapper RER has it in the middle. Thanks for the correction,PT!

parapower

Threads
I own 2 old Gravely they both have the original 12 hp Kohler engine and have the 40 inch deck. Both are in excellent condition and run smooth

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I own 2 old Gravely they both have the original 12 hp Kohler engine and have the 40 inch deck. Both are in excellent condition and run smooth

I suppose "smooth" is an opinion.