I drove a gravely for the 1st time today

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know what I did to my back, but since before Christmas of last yes, it's been giving me fits. And it's SOO easy to flare up. When it first started hurting, I swear, I couldn't even put my socks on. Much less tie my shoes. When I got able to go to town, I had to go get a pedicure because I couldn't reach my toenails to cut'm.
And now, all of my shoes have to be slip ons.
Most days now, everything starts out good. And I can do just about anything. I get used to that, and BAM!!!!!!!! I do something like trying to lift something heavy, or even reaching down up pull up my sock, and it's over. No rhyme or reason. Just when it wants to.
After mowing that yard for two days, I can feel it coming on. I felt it about an hour before I was done today. It was getting tender.
Maybe this: "Sciatica" refers to pain that radiates along the path of the sciatic nerve, which branches from your lower back through your hips and buttocks and down each leg. Typically, sciatica affects only one side of your body. Sciatica most commonly occurs when a herniated disk, bone spur on the spine or narrowing of the spine (spinal stenosis) compresses part of the nerve causing inflammation.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe this: "Sciatica" refers to pain that radiates along the path of the sciatic nerve, which branches from your lower back through your hips and buttocks and down each leg. Typically, sciatica affects only one side of your body. Sciatica most commonly occurs when a herniated disk, bone spur on the spine or narrowing of the spine (spinal stenosis) compresses part of the nerve causing inflammation.

I just moved to a new state. So I'll have to switch insurance (more than likely). When I get all that set up, I'm going to go see a doctor about it. The chiropractor I seen a few months ago, took Xrays, that I got to look at. He didn't have much of a medical professional opinion about what he was looking at. (I think he was more of a saleman, than a medical man) But he didn't point out any specific cause for all the pain. I didn't really expect him to, because he was just a chiropractor. But thought his experience would come through and he could point out something major, if there was something major to point out.
LMAO. All he actually did was give me some sales pitch on how I needed 36 "treatments" at $100 a pop, 3 times a week.
So my question to him, after his salespitch was "OK, so what's causing the pain." I stopped listening when he said "It's probably....... "

Otis3d

Forum Newbie
Threads
order a low profile seat suspension on Ebay. I put one on my husqvarna and it rides much better.

qmark

Threads
Put a puffer seat on the Gravely. Likely cheaper than trading.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Put a puffer seat on the Gravely. Likely cheaper than trading.

It's not mine. It's the landlords. We talked about why I was cutting her grass. I'm pretty sure it's because that darn thing is rough.

ukrkoz

Threads
Well, everyone, who complains about mowing uneven property, should come here and try mine.
This is why I sold 2 ZTRs. 52'' and 60''. Though they mow well and were great fun to do donuts around trees, after about an hour doing mild storm waves of grading, on my lower 3 acre lot, head felt like as if it were disconnected from the body. Nauseating.
This is how I ended with UTV towing a flail. At least, in UTV, I have normal seats and four corner long run suspension. And, price combined for both, it is still half the price of say 60 inch ZTR with four corner suspension.
As of lack of traction .... the first thing I do on each mower I have is to ditch turf tires and replace them with ATV tires. THEN you have traction. As I have hills too. It's HELL to mow every time. I have to edge fence with rider, 52'' Cub, as UTV with flail does not go into tight corners and, after about a year of edging 6 acre property, steering rods on that Cub bent so much, from hitting high points with the front wheels, that they started pointing about 15 degrees in opposite directions.

Ron3

Threads
Sounds like your landlord may want you to fix her gravely. Lol

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, everyone, who complains about mowing uneven property, should come here and try mine.
This is why I sold 2 ZTRs. 52'' and 60''. Though they mow well and were great fun to do donuts around trees, after about an hour doing mild storm waves of grading, on my lower 3 acre lot, head felt like as if it were disconnected from the body. Nauseating.
This is how I ended with UTV towing a flail. At least, in UTV, I have normal seats and four corner long run suspension. And, price combined for both, it is still half the price of say 60 inch ZTR with four corner suspension.
As of lack of traction .... the first thing I do on each mower I have is to ditch turf tires and replace them with ATV tires. THEN you have traction. As I have hills too. It's HELL to mow every time. I have to edge fence with rider, 52'' Cub, as UTV with flail does not go into tight corners and, after about a year of edging 6 acre property, steering rods on that Cub bent so much, from hitting high points with the front wheels, that they started pointing about 15 degrees in opposite directions.

Mild storm waves? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks man, I had to whipe tea off my computer screen.

BTW, when it comes to edging, screw all that. Grass & weed killer works wonders. No more weed eating. At least on the places that's a pain to get to.