Honda lawn mower starts sometimes

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
From what I've heard and read, Honda does NOT honor any carb work. Don't blame them with our junk ethanol and most folks general lack of maintenance.

I would get a better, more reliable mower.

slomo

bluefitness

Threads
I'm going to bring it in for the self propel issue. Hopefully, I don' get billed for it being maintenance related.

I though Honda mowers were good mowers.

What push mowers do you guys recommend?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Like every brand of push mower, riding mower, small engine, large vehicle engine, cheverolet, Dodge, Ford, Kia, they have good ones and they have bad ones.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm going to bring it in for the self propel issue. Hopefully, I don' get billed for it being maintenance related.

I though Honda mowers were good mowers.

What push mowers do you guys recommend?
To be fair, Honda makes "good" mowers. They just aren't great mowers. Do they honestly compare to the old Snapper machines? My answer is a big no. I haven't found a more simple, durable, RELIABLE mower design out there. Snappers have the best blades, best bagging by far, arguably the best mulching and no arguments on the simplistic/durable/cheap to repair drive system.

slomo

bluefitness

Threads
To be fair, Honda makes "good" mowers. They just aren't great mowers. Do they honestly compare to the old Snapper machines? My answer is a big no. I haven't found a more simple, durable, RELIABLE mower design out there. Snappers have the best blades, best bagging by far, arguably the best mulching and no arguments on the simplistic/durable/cheap to repair drive system.

slomo

What year Snapper mowers were good? Is there a way to tell by looking at pictures? I've been looking online for a used mower.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A warranty is not a guarantee to work, some thing that many have problems understanding
The warranty means that you mower will be free from manufacturing , design , materials , parts & assembly faults
As such a carb that has a loose or badly fitting butterfly, a auto choke that fails etc is a warranty item
Where as a carb that floods or clogs is not a warranty item unless parts are misfitting or missing all together .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
What year Snapper mowers were good? Is there a way to tell by looking at pictures? I've been looking online for a used mower.
Look for a used Snapper Commercial. They have top tier engines, upgraded drive parts, ball bearing wheels and a beefed up handlebar V bracket. Around here they go for $300-400 bucks. Best money you will spend on a push mower. Hate to say it but look on facebook for sale stuff and craigs list. Then IMMEDIATELY get off facebook.

slomo