Export thread

Honda lawn mower starts sometimes

B

bluefitness

What is the first thing I should look at? I'm guessing it just needs to have its carb cleaned.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Need more information. What model honda mower?
Does it start when cold and won't restart when hot? Does it run good after it starts?
If it has a choke i would look to see that it is closing all the way when it's supposed to be

B

bertsmobile1

After that slip the rocker cover off & check the valve lash.

B

bluefitness

HRR216K10VKAA

I couldn't get it to start today. It has an auto choke and the choke is closed all the way down. I have to get some carb cleaner to see if I can get it to run by spraying it in the intake.

How do I check to see if it is still under warranty? Does anyone have a link that will verify warranty information through Honda?

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

i just read the HRR mowers come with a 3 year warranty.

B

bluefitness

The engine will start and then immediately stop, if I spray carb cleaner in the air intake. I'm guessing the carb needs to be cleaned.

S

slomo

I would take it back to walmart. Tell them to fix it under warranty.

slomo

B

bluefitness

I found out it is still under warranty, but maintenance is not covered. I'm guessing a dirty carb will not be covered. Does anyone know?

Richie F

Richie F

If the carb is faulty, it's warranty.
If you caused the carb fault, it's not.
From what I see the carb is no mystery.
Pull the float bowl and report back.

B

bluefitness

I cleaned the carb, and it seems to be running fine now.

The rear wheels will not spin backwards and the self propel system isn't engaging. Do you think this could be maintenance related (belt, etc.).

S

slomo

From what I've heard and read, Honda does NOT honor any carb work. Don't blame them with our junk ethanol and most folks general lack of maintenance.

I would get a better, more reliable mower.

slomo

B

bluefitness

I'm going to bring it in for the self propel issue. Hopefully, I don' get billed for it being maintenance related.

I though Honda mowers were good mowers.

What push mowers do you guys recommend?

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Like every brand of push mower, riding mower, small engine, large vehicle engine, cheverolet, Dodge, Ford, Kia, they have good ones and they have bad ones.

S

slomo

I'm going to bring it in for the self propel issue. Hopefully, I don' get billed for it being maintenance related.

I though Honda mowers were good mowers.

What push mowers do you guys recommend?
To be fair, Honda makes "good" mowers. They just aren't great mowers. Do they honestly compare to the old Snapper machines? My answer is a big no. I haven't found a more simple, durable, RELIABLE mower design out there. Snappers have the best blades, best bagging by far, arguably the best mulching and no arguments on the simplistic/durable/cheap to repair drive system.

slomo

B

bluefitness

To be fair, Honda makes "good" mowers. They just aren't great mowers. Do they honestly compare to the old Snapper machines? My answer is a big no. I haven't found a more simple, durable, RELIABLE mower design out there. Snappers have the best blades, best bagging by far, arguably the best mulching and no arguments on the simplistic/durable/cheap to repair drive system.

slomo

What year Snapper mowers were good? Is there a way to tell by looking at pictures? I've been looking online for a used mower.

B

bertsmobile1

A warranty is not a guarantee to work, some thing that many have problems understanding
The warranty means that you mower will be free from manufacturing , design , materials , parts & assembly faults
As such a carb that has a loose or badly fitting butterfly, a auto choke that fails etc is a warranty item
Where as a carb that floods or clogs is not a warranty item unless parts are misfitting or missing all together .

S

slomo

What year Snapper mowers were good? Is there a way to tell by looking at pictures? I've been looking online for a used mower.
Look for a used Snapper Commercial. They have top tier engines, upgraded drive parts, ball bearing wheels and a beefed up handlebar V bracket. Around here they go for $300-400 bucks. Best money you will spend on a push mower. Hate to say it but look on facebook for sale stuff and craigs list. Then IMMEDIATELY get off facebook.

slomo