Hibernation is about over.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
What chain ya need? I have a few in stock. I looked into buying rolls of chain and making loops but not financially worth it.
72EXJ100U I have enough left to make maybe a couple 32 inch chains or 4 20" loops if need be. So I am not totally hurting yet.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't have any skip tooth stuff.
Skip tooth has been my biggest seller over the last 3-4 years. To the point that I don't even stock normal sequence in 3/8. And would probably be selling it in .325 if it was still available. Now I know there is companies that make skip in.325 but not readily available through the normal channels

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have any customers running skip chain. Heck, 99% of my customers don't know the difference between safety and non-safety chain or full chisel and semi-chisel chain.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Probably because everything down here is hardwood I rarely ever see skip tooth .
If a customer wants it then I buy a loop
Only keep semi chisel chain on rolls .
Bought a ton of it when Stens changed their supplier really cheap so I can price match most good quality chains on line .
However most idiot customers use Chinese butter chain till it destroys the drive sprockets then complain if I fit one of my chains because they can get a 3 pack off ebay for the same price.
The fact that the cheap chain has destroyed the sprockets before the cutters have been sharpened back 1/4 of their length seems to be beyond their understanding.
They blame the sprockets then come back 2 years latter and want me to fit "better sprockets " .

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
While i like stihl and Oregon chain the best i have had pretty good luck with archer chain. Better than most of the off brand stuff.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't have any customers running skip chain. Heck, 99% of my customers don't know the difference between safety and non-safety chain or full chisel and semi-chisel chain.
I originally purchased a roll of the skip link for my customers running bars longer than 24" which is recommended by Oregon for longer bars. Within 6 months I couldn't give away a roll of standard sequence. If you want to increase the performance on a 50cc saw running a 20" bar run skip link. That saw will come to life and really give you a run for your money.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IL, Do you have anyone using the 3/8 LP skip chain? I still got 4 ea 91PJ062SPMT loops here as I got one customer that runs it.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
IL, Do you have anyone using the 3/8 LP skip chain? I still got 4 ea 91PJ062SPMT loops here as I got one customer that runs it.
No, Not that I know of. I don't sell the lp in skip link. Haven't seen the need in that size and what I have seen hasn't been real impressive. I have seen that TriLink makes a full chisel version of the 3/8 lp. May have to try some of that one of these days.

The worse chain in my experience has to the .043 3/8 lp chain. that is some junk chain. I love putting on a new loop and the first chunk of hard oak breaks off half of the cutters. Seems to be fine for pole saws and battery saws, but absolutely worthless on anything else gas powered. Heck, have to be very careful while breaking the chain to make a loop, because if the breaking pin doesn't catch the rivet dead center it will bend the drive links.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am not a fan of the tri-link chain. Cutters are fairly soft and leaves a burr when sharpening and dulls quickly. The one offshore chain that seems pretty good i have used is Archer. I have never liked the .043 LP stuff. Just dulls too fast on hard wood and gums up quickly on pine. On my MS170 i swapped out the 043 with 050 bar and chain. Huge difference.