Hertz car rental is dropping 20,000 EV cars for gas powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upupandaway

Threads
  • / Hertz car rental is dropping 20,000 EV cars for gas powered.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
A friend has a nissan leaf. She says when it gets really cold out, like now, it charges about 1/3 as fast as normal.

I guess it is time to go out and fire up my average V12 5 ton tank truck that I can't see out in front of and go run down some unsuspecting pedestrians while burning a gallon of gas every mile.

I wonder if that Nissan has a battery warmer on it?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wonder if that Nissan has a battery warmer on it?
Don't know about that. They have 2 chargers. The 220v fast charger at the house and the 110v "mobile" one built into the car that charges very slow anyway. I do know that the heat pump heater/AC unit went out a few years ago and it was around $4000 to fix it. It is a 2015 and the battery only has about 2/3 if the original capacity

Screenshot_20240119-152050_Chrome.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Boy that barely get me to town. one shopping stop only; if I even made it then.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea, & no-one seems to be able to tell what a charge on the road costs, or the fees for use on the roads since no gas tax $ generated.

Lawn Addict
Threads
A friend up in Maryland says his neighbor has a Tesla. & got a flat tire. Called triple A, when they got there, they informed the Tesla owner they can NOT touch any teslas.. Car sat for 4 days till they got it in to Tesla dealer.

Sounding better all the time. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Cohen scrap yard near me won't take an EV. A friend was looking to get an EV till his homeowner insurance told him they would drop him.

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Cohen scrap yard near me won't take an EV. A friend was looking to get an EV till his homeowner insurance told him they would drop him.
Well that about sums it up.........................

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yea, & no-one seems to be able to tell what a charge on the road costs, or the fees for use on the roads since no gas tax $ generated.
In Oz 1 of the 4 companies poviding fast pubic chargers has gone bankrupt
another tha just jacked up their price so it is around the same as an Aust ICE engined car, not a yank urban assault vehicle
And another is exiting Aust all together going back to the USA
The last is part government owned and believe it or not makes fast chargers tacked onto the end of a diesel generator .
Sounds silly but much of inland Aust is not on the national grid so they are using these to work out where a grid connection will be needed as getting grid power to all of the popular tourist spots will cost 50 times the states GDP
There is one in Gundagai at the Dog on the Tucker Box truck stop and the local tow truck operator now has a week end drivers to tow all of those fools who believed the BS that they will get 400 km on a charge so can do the 375 km no troubles
The Big Merino at Goulburrn was looking at installing fast chargers but it was going to cost around $ 500,000 to get enough power to run a 10 bay charging station.
I think they have a 2 bay there at the moment but supply restrictions means it takes over 1/2 hour to charge and that is 195 km from Sydney
They did a survey of times for a Sydney <=> Melbourne trip by EV ( 900km) and it works out I do it faster in my 40 year old lPG powered L300 van than just about every Ev on the market in OZ at the moment and that assumes you are the only car at the charger so you get the benefit of the full fast rate .
I get 350 km on a tank but because unreliable supply I always refill at around 200km
If all of the bays are being used at Gundagai then some will take better than 3 hours to charge just enough to get ( 180 km) to Albury, the next nearest E-charge .
Or you have to turn off the expressway and go to all of the towns and recharge there which adds another 200km to the trip .
John sums it up beautifully on this post

Status
Not open for further replies.