Here's something I had to happen to me today.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And these ER doctors won't listen to the patient either. My neighbor which has AFib. He had to go to the ER due pneumonia introduced by Covid. The ER insisted on changing his AFib meds. It took over two months for his regular heart doctor to straighten him back out. ER doctors and regular will kill you by their stupid mistakes and they can get by with it.

Then my nut case of a doctor insisted of changing my BP meds from the one that was working fine to one that doesn't. Same med but without the water pill part. His office it would take a month for things to work. Well two months later I was still running at a level that would require me to be in the ER so I when on a crash diet to get it under control. Not where I need to be but at least most day it is under 150/100.
Then I fired the doctor so he calls in another bunch of pills, refusing to me put back on what was working. What worst he never call me to about the change. I only found out about the change when I went for a refill of the current pill.

And to Bert it seems everyone here wants my cell phone number. One problem though. I don't have a cell phone as they simply don't work where I live so it is impossible to give them the number.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
@StarTech I am stuck between doctors wanting to control my fathers diabetes with different meds, and it seems like what works for now doesn't work six months later. And increase in doses or changes of meds seems to have no effect on his glucose numbers. And then through in the fact his eating happens are somewhat OCD, which means he will eats the same things everyday unless I have the time to cook for him, and practically fix his plate for him. And it seems like if we increase his meds it gives him an excuse to eat more. Even doubling his insulin has no effect on his numbers. And this doctor then hits me with surprise CGM supplies that we turned down two months ago. And the arrival of these supplies locks out getting refills for this current supplies. And using a CGM would be fine but it just puts more work on me. With his current finger stick method he can do that himself. but with a CGM I will be having to put the sensors on him. I will have to take the sensors off of him to change them, I will have to deal with the malfunctions at 2 am, and he will just ignore what it says anyway and go through his everyday OCD routine.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes when you are the care giver the doctors seems to think we have all the time in the world to do things when we got other things that has to be done. It is a lot easier when patient cooperates and can do things themselves but many are not.

It like having someone with dementia it is a 24/7 thing with very little room for yourself or your work. My mother had it and after she died it took nearly a year for my health to recover. I didn't even realized how exhausted I was at the time. I just couldn't break my promise to my mother about not putting her in a nursing home. It really would have help if my brother would had help out but he refused to do anything to help.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
And on today's episode of wanting to strangle the customer:

Received a Briggs 407777 into the shop that customer says just quit running while mowing. So far I have found the fuel pump suction line cut off and then turned backwards into the valve cover. Customer has installed a ebay fuel pump with the lines connected incorrectly, The old metal square fuel pump was removed and the nuts that hold it together are gone. The governor springs are installed incorrectly and the main governor spring is bent and stretched. The customer removed the fuel bowl and lost the float valve, but instead of getting the correct float valve has installed a float valve from a Tecumseh. the breather line to the air filter intake is disconnected which also means that the blower housing has been removed and what he has done inside of there I haven't got that far yet.

And now I have replace the damaged and missing parts, undo all the non-repairs just to find out what is wrong with it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
At least he didn't use MotoSeal to replace the bowl gasket...yet.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And on today's episode of wanting to strangle the customer:

Received a Briggs 407777 into the shop that customer says just quit running while mowing. So far I have found the fuel pump suction line cut off and then turned backwards into the valve cover. Customer has installed a ebay fuel pump with the lines connected incorrectly, The old metal square fuel pump was removed and the nuts that hold it together are gone. The governor springs are installed incorrectly and the main governor spring is bent and stretched. The customer removed the fuel bowl and lost the float valve, but instead of getting the correct float valve has installed a float valve from a Tecumseh. the breather line to the air filter intake is disconnected which also means that the blower housing has been removed and what he has done inside of there I haven't got that far yet.

And now I have replace the damaged and missing parts, undo all the non-repairs just to find out what is wrong with it.
did they try "thats the way I got line ?"
I always like it when a mower comes in that has been horribly bodged to the point I know it would not be able to run like that and they insist it was like that "x" years ago when they got it .
HAd a customer come in with an ebay special inverter generator that was "working fine & just needs a service " and a Honda SP with a worn clutch that would not go .
IT was rainy so I did not ask them to start them & show me the problem
The Honda was an easy fix & the generator once I pulled the cover off was an easy service neither the oil nor filter was particularly dirty so was no surprise when tested that it produced no power at all, not a milli volt .

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
At least he didn't use MotoSeal to replace the bowl gasket...yet.
Did find a Simplicity that somebody used black RTV to seal the prongs on the key switch 5 spade connector yesterday. And todays project is a 10 hp tractor with a 60 inch deck.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also discovered today that Stens is charging me sales tax. even though I sent them a new tax exempt form on August 3. So have already put in an inquiry with them to fix it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Several of vendors tried the old removal of tax exemption. And I just call and complain until they accept my tax exemption certificate. The only one that gave me the run around was Advance Auto Parts. When the manage started lying to me I just closed the account. She lost my business over charging and refusing to refund the $25 in sales tax they charge on the batteries I brought for resale.

What she started lying about was saying I never setup my voice mail and that I was giving a bad phone. Well it is on the business cards I left multiple times asking for her to call me. It really pisses me off when a vendor starts lying to me.

Now I did jump Batteries Plus Bulbs yesterday for allowing someone to use my business account which is tax exempt. I would have not known accept for the email I got wanting me to rate the transaction.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also discovered today that Stens is charging me sales tax. even though I sent them a new tax exempt form on August 3. So have already put in an inquiry with them to fix it.
Stens did that to me starting in 2022 but a phone call fixed it. So far their customer service has been pretty good.