Here's something I had to happen to me today.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
This really pissed me off to a point. I stop to buy $45 of fuel and ask for a receipt as I usually do for business expenses. The clerk asked for a phone number and would not process the payment; unless, I gave it to him. I refused and demand my money back. I went 1/4 mile down and got my gas. I will not be going to that crazy station again.

Why in the heck they need my phone number just to sell me gasoline? I don't want telemarketers bugging me on the phone.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Happens every day
I have an old phone & old phone number for that purpose
It gets anything up to 200 calls a day and usually only 1 or 2 of them will leave a message .
When covid lock downs were in force that rose to a maximum of 800 calls till the battery went flat .
Naturally it sits on a shelf & gets looked at in the morning over breakfast
Yesterday there were 44 calls with no messages .
Good thing down here is the Federal tax laws require a receipt for every purchase over $ 1
So when some one asks if I want a receipt I ask them if they want me to report them to the Tax office for a $ 30,000 fine .
The big two supermarkets are actively lobbying for changes to the receipt laws to speed things up through the checkouts and of course save them around $ 250,000 for till rolls .

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Weird. I would have left too. What hacks me off is more places are going cashless. I don't want to use a card for a $1.50 cup of coffee.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Weird. I would have left too. What hacks me off is more places are going cashless. I don't want to use a card for a $1.50 cup of coffee.
Kinda the same way here as I refuse to have a debit card. For me if they refuse cash for simple purchase they can just keep the item. It like back when K-mart tried going strictly to self serve check outs. I had a whole basket of food that I just left behind for them to go put back on the shelves themselves. Hope they got off their backsides quickly as ice cream tend melt quickly. Boy that policy quickly changed after multiple customers did the same thing.

But several my local vendors don't accept cash because they don't have a local bank account.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I will use a credit card for most stuff but cash for the small stuff. I do carry 5 $100 bills tucked away in the wallet for those " i have cash right now" opportunity purchases.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The Wet Dreams of Tax departments
a totally cashless economy where they will know every cent every person spends and can compare that your declaired income .
Police back this up with the delusion that a cashless community would have reduced crime because the money would be traceable .
We are seriously looking at removing $ 100 bills from circulation for a similar reason.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Wet Dreams of Tax departments
a totally cashless economy where they will know every cent every person spends and can compare that your declaired income .
Police back this up with the delusion that a cashless community would have reduced crime because the money would be traceable .
We are seriously looking at removing $ 100 bills from circulation for a similar reason.
So true.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I remember when there was 500, 1000, and 5000 bills.

Yes the IRS want every penny of taxes they can get yet they will not honor the law when comes to paying the Covid stimulus money (at least I haven't received a dang penny of it). The Idiot Ran Service hasn't even process my last two tax returns as my last Social Security is showing no income reported for the last two years. I going send my next tax returns with no payment maybe I get some action then. Calling them does no good as their computer just keeps hanging up on me saying they are too busy to answer the phone.

And with my latest experience with the new checking account at Redstone Credit Union I don't even feel safe putting my money in the bank now. I trying get my credit card bill paid at another CU and they are delaying the payment for at least two weeks which is putting my business in a bind as I purchase nearly all parts using the MC and I have a 2K limit.

BTW thieves can do a lot more damage to a person's savings when they got the plastic cards. They can actually scan the cards while are in our wallets; unless, you anti scan wallets. I just meet person that a victim of Debit card thief Friday. That makes the fourth customer of mine that has been a victim of Debit card thief even though the card never left their present.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The IRS is dicking me this year. Accountant did the taxes and now the IRS says what i paid for healthcare on the return doesn't match the the amount the form THE GOVERNMENT SENT ME ! Really??? She used that form to fill out the return. Holding up a sizeable refund. Thanks IRS