Help me out

mikes3028

Threads
Hey ya'll, just recently joined the forum when I had an issue with my LT1000. I have been lurking around here for a couple of yrs now. Theres a lot of knowledge on here and always is the first place I come to with problems. I am looking to buy a new rider, either the YTH24k48 or the YT 3000. I have about 3-4 acres to cut and a whole lot of leaves to pick up in the fall. I currently cut with the LT1000 (can,t remember what yr I bought it but it is at least 10 yrs old) and in the fall i hook up a Agri - Fab yard vac that weighs approx 300 lbs empty and closer to 500 lbs when full. I am needing a rider that will pull this yard vac. I am not sure how the hydrostat trans will hold up to this and also on the hills which are not real steep. Seems like from what I have been reading the hydrostats are not very strong with pulling something heavy. I do all my own maintence and repairs. I change the oil 4-5 times a yr since it gets used yr round. Are the 2 mowers that I listed capable of pulling or do I need to look for riders with manual trans? Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mike

man00

Threads
I think I would look around for a good used JD or Kubota..You should be able to find one for that 1800.00 the YTH24k48 will cost. Not saying it won't do as you want but the JD or kubota would be much better.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think I would look around for a good used JD or Kubota..You should be able to find one for that 1800.00 the YTH24k48 will cost. Not saying it won't do as you want but the JD or kubota would be much better.

Why would the JD do better?

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

man00

Threads
Why would the JD do better?

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

3-4 acres seems like quite a bit to mow with either of those he listed..IMO

mikes3028

Threads
Sorry it took so long to get back. I have a JD L120 that I am selling because I am getting tired of replacing parts and plus, it won't pull a greased string out of you know what. It cuts grass just fine but won't hardly pull a hill and it has a new drive belt on it. Do ya'll think the hydro trans will be as good as a manual trans for pulling? That is my main dilemma. Thanks to everyone that replied back. I really like that Husky but I also love my LT 1000. I did look at the mfg date and it is 1998. I use it for everything and probably some things I shouldn't.

Thanks again, Mike

TnHusky

Threads
Well the thing about the YTH24K48 is at least it has a beefed up tranny from the normal K46 Tuff Tq. It has a K57R, you can look them up on Tuff Tq's website to see the difference.