Help me out

mikes3028

Threads
I went to Lowes and Sears yesterday and talked to the salesmen there. They were pretty knowledgeable. I like the YT4500 and GT6000 at Sears but the reviews that I have read almost all of them talk about bending the front steering components on tight turns. Not real happy bout that because my yard has a few rough spots. The YTH24k48 and LGT26k54 really turned me on. I am still scared about the hydrostatic trans when pulling that agri fab yard vac. I am wondering if the F7 trans will have the torque to pull the yard vac. I really prefer that mower over the LGT but if I need the bigger machine then thats what I am going to buy. The LGT accepts ground engaging attachs. which tells me it should pull the yard vac. I still want to go back to Sears and look at the manual trans mowers before I decide. Man this is tough. People HELP ME OUT.

Mike

Last edited:

mikes3028

Threads
After going back to Sears and doing more research, I am now leaning towards the GT 6000. I read the reviews on todaysmower website and it is rated alot better than the LGT26K54. I don't know how everyone is bending the steering components, I looked under the front end and it seems pretty stout to me. Anyway, that is the way I'm leaning right now.

Mike

mikes3028

Threads
Well, finally made my mind up and was going to go with the GT 5000 because it had a manual trans. But guess what, they are not even available. the warehouse doesn't stock them and there are none in the state. The only other manual trans that Sears has is in a 42" cut. Sure don't want that. So I reckon I am going to head down to Lowes and get the YTH24K48. With the 3 yr. warranty if it don't work like I want it to then I will carry it back.

man00

Threads
Well, finally made my mind up and was going to go with the GT 5000 because it had a manual trans. But guess what, they are not even available. the warehouse doesn't stock them and there are none in the state. The only other manual trans that Sears has is in a 42" cut. Sure don't want that. So I reckon I am going to head down to Lowes and get the YTH24K48. With the 3 yr. warranty if it don't work like I want it to then I will carry it back.

Good Luck with the new mower.